TechSpot

EA signs five year deal to use Facebook Credits

By Emil
Nov 2, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Electronic Arts and Facebook today announced they have signed a five-year deal. The strategic relationship aims to create a simplified, more accessible experience for people who play games and purchase virtual goods on Facebook. It also means that Facebook Credits will become the exclusive payment method for the social networking platform in all of EA's games. As part of the agreement, EA will receive a 70 percent revenue share (the standard for all developers on Facebook) for Facebook Credits.

Read the whole story

2. Johny47

Johny47 TS Rookie Posts: 157

Sounds interesting and I think monopoly will be a big seller, I like monopoly especially the 'themed' ones like Disney etc =)

3. spyx

spyx TS Rookie Posts: 57

This is getting way out of hand ...I mean really? come on...WOW...........I dont even have a facebook..... anywhoi hope this doesnt give people a major advantage cuz then I would go into rage....facebook is gettng tooooooooooo big..

4. Yosip

Yosip TS Rookie Posts: 16

Soon on Facebook: Call of Duty 23 with multiplayer in year 2066.

5. sMILEY4ever

sMILEY4ever TS Enthusiast Posts: 156

I smiled. :p
    Best of luck EA.

6. TwiztidSef

TwiztidSef TS Rookie Posts: 49

Its a good move on EA's part. Kinda weird that it came out right after a story about how zynga was worth more than EA or something like that.

I am actually surprised that Facebook pays 70% to developers. Seems like more than i would expect them to pay. Facebook is a huge network. To release a game to that big a crowd at once is pretty valuable.

7. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

Uh-oh, here comes the DRM and £50 games and overpriced DLCs to facebook

8. TechFox

TechFox TS Rookie

im just amazed at the marketing prowess of facebook. not only has is basically killed off myspace its signing with all kinds of companies. have the best social gaming company zynga, and now ea. they really are trying to branch facebook to accommodate everyone's wants. congrats facebook and i cnt wait to play monopoly thatl be a great game to have on there

9. HaMsTeYr

HaMsTeYr TS Maniac Posts: 388

And as a game developer I scoff Facebook games. This isn't making my life easier lol

10. ruzveh

ruzveh Banned Posts: 124

It seems after zynga credit now EA wants to cash in some bucks. Good

11. archd

archd TS Rookie

can't wait for Dragon Age journey came to facebook

it's a good game for browser game

12. kaonis92

kaonis92 TS Enthusiast Posts: 117

This comes after the figures that EA had been surpassed by Zynga!

13. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,336   +280

I'm surprised so many people actually play these flash based browser games. I'm surprise so many people spend so much time on facebook that it has grown so fast and so big. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the 800 lb gorillas of the computer world and I don't hate facebook... I just don't see how people have so much time to spend on it.

14. kaonis92

kaonis92 TS Enthusiast Posts: 117

The just spend ALL the free time they have on facebook, I have seen many real-life examples...

15. frodough

frodough TS Rookie Posts: 90

frequent FB users are just sad nothing's worse than spying each other online or even cyber-stalking

16. theruck

theruck TS Rookie Posts: 46

i havent seen a good game from EA for ages. but i have seen a lot of titles from them. quantity over quality. if it goes this way i am never gona buy a EA game again i think

17. hitech0101

hitech0101 TS Enthusiast Posts: 429   +19

Now more repeating titles for facebook players also.Facebook users deserve this kind of punishment.

18. IkarugaShiver

IkarugaShiver TS Rookie Posts: 19

Jesus Christ... Facebook games... If you're going to spend money on games, why not buy an actual title, which will have better graphics, (hopefully) some actual semblance of a storyline, and actual GAMEPLAY?! -____- For the people that play for free out there, more power to ya.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.