TechSpot

Early Intel Core M benchmarks look very impressive

By Shawn Knight
Sep 11, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. I spent some time over the weekend detailing the recently announced Intel Core M platform, the fanless processor that'll power mobile devices from at least half a dozen manufacturers later this year. The one thing that was missing in our...

Read more

2. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,154   +1,429

Excuse me, but this is too vague, you need to be more specific which version. There is way too much performance difference between 801, 805, 808 and 810.

And considering that M-series is not on the market yet and will be released the same as 810, that's the only version to compare against. And something tells me there is no way there will be that kind of performance difference.

Oh wait...
    Isn't this just a typical marketing BS from Intel, comparing the latest chip of their own with an old one from competition in some select tests...

I'd love to see this Core M 5Y70 trying to outrun Qualcomm's Snapdragon 810...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  3. noel24

noel24 TS Maniac Posts: 304   +154

Yes, but will it run Crysis?

4. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,154   +1,429

It will run you to 711 for extra Huggies while your mom finishes the game.

5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,555   +2,898

Who is going to play Crysis on a tablet? Even though the question may still be relevant where tablets are concerned, I find it a bit silly.

6. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,508   +501

The whole idea is for the question to be taken as silly, since Crysis was a benchmarking tool used by far too many when buying computers back in the day "Will it run Crysis?" "Yes" "DEAL!".

GhostRyder likes this.
  7. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,555   +2,898

It was more the thought of playing Crysis on a tablet I found silly. Not the humor behind whether the hardware would actually run the game.

8. noel24

noel24 TS Maniac Posts: 304   +154

Point for Kibaruk. By reading some of the answers to my post above, I have to admit that facebook's attempt to introduce "satire" tag to posts containg irony/sarcasm it is not without merit...

9. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,556   +862

What are the odds of one of these showing up in a sub $300 device? sub $200 device? im curious if I should wait to get a full windows 8.1 tablet until these.

10. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Really exciting to see a good push from Intel in the low-power mobile sector. It will force more competition.

11. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TS Evangelist Posts: 595   +52

I don't really get the whole Core M series. Where is it supposed to live in the product lineup? What's the price going to be, and does this just make the Atom processors irrelevant? I hear that Cherry Trail is going to be a big bump over Bay Trail, but wouldn't that just eat into the Core M series?

12. Howmuch?