EA's Origin game distribution platform launches for Mac

By Jos
Feb 8, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Just a couple of weeks after delivering an alpha client for a limited number of users, EA has now gone ahead and announced the full release of its Origin digital distribution service on OS X. The new client will include...

Read more
  2. Ranger12

Ranger12 TechSpot Guru Posts: 630   +116

Yay! Overpriced games for overpriced computers!
    Ah, I kid, sort of...
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,825   +703

I never realized Apple users knew there was such a thing called 'computer gaming'.
  4. Littleczr

Littleczr TechSpot Booster Posts: 368   +68

Thank you for reminding me why I don't buy an apple computer.

"Batman: Arkham City, Dragon Age 2, Dirt 2, and several Lego titles." <~~~~ Yeah, ummmm. I don't think so.
  5. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 893   +98

Now the least popular game client can be on the least popular gaming platform. Thanks EA, you bring things to those who probably could careless.
  6. Lurker101

Lurker101 TechSpot Addict Posts: 626   +122

Are they sure it's wise to have Dragon Age 2 front and centre of their advert?
  7. Just yesterday I had a "fun" Origin experience. Wanted to try out the new Crysis 3 beta. Had to like Crysis 3 in facebook to get the serial, fired up origin, wanted to download it, nastygram: for "children's security" this game can only be downloaded between 23:00 and 06:00 in Germany. Fun fact 1: I had to enter some numbers confirming my age of my identification card on facebook in order to get the serial.

Fun fact 2: I do not even life in Germany.
  8. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TechSpot Booster Posts: 363   +86

One of my friends has been playing Battlefield 3 on a mac for over 6 months now. This doesn't make sense to me now.
  9. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,825   +703

I for one will never buy an EA game again. Their tech support is non existent. If they ever release a game that I would like to play I'll simply pirate it. It's far easier than trying to deal with them.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.