ECS K7S5A newbie question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

drinks are on me! :D

I'm new to all this - I've bought a 'dead' pc from a friend and it has the classic ECS K7S5A no output symptoms.

Is there a similar mobo that will take pc100 SDRAM (you got it, I'm a cheapskate!!) - The CPU chip was 1.6ghz sumit-or-other (I'm in the office at the mo, sorry!).

Any pointers for what or where I should look? I've read of issues with this board so I want to swap it out as cheaply as possible! :grinthumb

Cheers!

Asrock K7VT2 maybe.

It supports both SDRam & DDRam ( but I don't know about PC100 though ). PC133 is just as expensive as PC100 anyways, might as well get PC133. & both are more expensive then DDRam...;)

PS. Welcome to TechSpot. Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave:

The board I posted is pretty good. It's based off the KT266a which was a mature version of the original KT266. It's a very fast platforms for Athlons ( or Durons ) using the 100FSB or even 133.

There aren't any OCing options whatsover but it has USB 2.0 & an overheating protection mechanism.

I've only installed one & things were fine.

The one posted by Nic is based of the KM266a, which is basiclly the same chipset but with onboard VGA. It's slightly slower due to the VGA taking a bit of the memory bandwidth but both should perform pretty much the same.

The choice is yours.:)

BTW Asrock is a sub-division of Asus aimed to compete with ECS in the low-end market.

PS. I'll have an Amareto Sour.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back