ECS slit-a 5.1 mobo giglan problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisbin

hey all,
got an odd problem with my mobo, its an ecs slit-a 5.1 nforce 570 mobo. my ethernet port shows up as an "other PCI bridge device" and when i point it to the drivers, the automatic install fails to notice them and when i force install them, i get a BSOD immediately and on startup until i use safemode (without networking support) to uninstall the drivers.
i'm using XP pro, and i have my bios updated to 5.2B which i got from the ECS website.
i have tried the 2 different versions of the drivers direct from nvidia, one old one from ECS and i'm currently trying to D/L the more recent non beta one from ECS (their site is fragged, so it'll take awhile).

note that the port USED to work, before i upgraded the bios, but i can't downgrade cause the original bios doesnt seem to be obtainable and i had some other irritating problems before.

so, is there anyway to point this to a generic driver that WILL work? or have i missed something...
thanks in advance

Because Windows was installed before the Bios update (ofcourse)
The IRQ automatic Plug and Play for your drivers has possible become conflicted.

If you have downloaded all your updated drivers
Then I would go back to Device Manager and remove everything ! Mainly being the ethernet driver, and PCI bridge. You should do this in safe mode too.
By the way, this is an extreme measure, that has worked for me before.

Also confirm Bios defaults are loaded (optimized) and network is in fact enabled !

the drivers for it are already removed (in safe mode, it thats the only way i CAN remove them when they are installed) and the ethernet is enabled in the bios (its set on automatic, there is no on setting, just off and auto).
also, i've reinstalled windows since the bios update (well my storage HD is unchanged but thats not related).
can i somehow renew the IRQ for the device?

well, with the 8.26 drivers i got it working, i suppose all that can be done is note to any ecs users that for some odd reason nforce mobos from ecs have to have the latest ecs drivers not the latest nforce drivers *shrug*

I always recommend using drivers from your Motherboard's support page first.
It's difficult at times when other users say they have an optimized (say display) driver that's supposedly better.

Sorry for ommitting the word "Motherboard" in my post to you, regarding all drivers.

i agree that one should use specialized drivers from the manufacturer, but i find it incredibly odd that the base drivers from the boards designer doesnt work... not to mention the older (more readily available) drivers crashing everything

ecs have to have the latest ecs drivers not the latest nforce drivers
Are you saying that your ECS drivers page is incorrect.
Because I may have read the top line incorrectly myself.

If ECS have the wrong drivers, once BIOS is updated, then they should be notified

no i mean the base drivers from nvidia (who made the chipset) don't work nor do the older version of the ecs drivers (which i had archived on my computer). only the current non beta download (which about 120 meg which is rediculous for those of us with crappy internet).
i AM probably going to ask them to put a link to smaller files by OS, the big one is for EVERY version of windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back