Edit your own comments on homepage articles

dustin_ds3000

When you post a comment on an article on the homepage it also makes a post in the forum in the TechSpot News and Comments, In the forum you can edit you post but the edit doesn't change the comment made on the article. Can this be fixed.

I'm not sure if a solution is in the works (I'll forward this to Julio), but we can clear the article's cache and update the front page news comments that way. If there's a thread in particular you want taken care of, feel free to me know here or via PM.

We will have a solution sorted soon. We knew about this limitation but admitedly that was one of the corners we cut when developing the main site/forum integration last year and never really came back to address it. Hopefully it will be a non-issue to fix considering we have a deeper understanding of the forum inner workings at this point. Thanks for the feedback.

Scratch that. It's working now.
Thanks again for your feedback, it pushed us to do things properly.

I tend to notice small issues right after postings, but can't fix them. A post from a week or a month ago can be edited though?

Not sure when comment editing (on news pages) was gone, but it's back up now. Like this:

ccc.png

Back