TechSpot

Electric Imp wants to power the "Internet of Things"

By Jos
May 17, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. The "Internet of Things" promises to bring a world where, at some point, all electronic devices will be intelligent and connected. Your refrigerator will know what's inside and inform you...

Read the whole story
  2. Someone hacks into this and controls everything and/or collects all information about you. I can check the frige to see if I need more milk and I can turn a light switch off when I leave the room.
  3. ...and allow power companies, google, and/or the government access and control over even more of your life than they have now.

What a wonderful future. I can't wait!
  4. Cota

Cota TS Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

Don't make complicated what its easy.

Rule #1 for any kind of engineer, else you are mediocre.
  5. Not good at all; they should came up with nicer ideas .. like the refrigerator should go to the market and buy it himself when there is no milk anymore. I really don't want to spend my time going to the market, what's the use of telling me there will be no milk anymore .. if I'm not blind?
  6. I met Hugo today at the Maker Faire 2012. I believe his product will help consumers to be much more energy efficient because they will have access to the data necessary to modify their behavior. Yes, cyber security is a huge issue that must be addressed but not a reason to reject an Internet of Things.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.