TechSpot

Electronic Arts to host closed SimCity beta starting next week

By Shawn Knight
Jan 18, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Electronic Arts and Maxis have announced plans to host a closed beta for the new SimCity reboot. The news was revealed on the official SimCity Twitter account earlier today and was accompanied by a link to a registration page.

Read more

2. Littleczr

Littleczr TS Booster Posts: 407   +78

Registered and answered the questions, hopefully they pick me.

3. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,078   +76

I registered for the beta, but damn is the game overpriced. $80?! What else would I expect from EA though?

4. Renrew

Renrew TS Enthusiast Posts: 244   +18

Only a Simphanatic would pay those prices.

5. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 944   +110

And to think, if it wasn't for the price the only thing keeping me from this is the fact that you need Origin to play it and anything that restricts me to use Origin isn't going to be getting my money.

6. Wendig0

I prefer Steam any day of the week, but Origin really isn't too bad in my opinion. It's Electronic Arts in general that I don't like.

7. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 944   +110

Yeah, and if your not a big fan of EA these past few years, makes it hard to use their client.

8. Wendig0

I never said I didn't play EA games, I just said I didn't like EA (as a company). I don't care for a lot of companies, but that doesn't mean I boycott their products.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.