Elon Musk addresses Twitter meme amid sexual harassment allegations

Status
Not open for further replies.

midian182

Staff member
In context: Is Elon Musk's obsession with Twitter distracting him from Tesla? It's a claim that has been made ever since the world's richest person first revealed his stake in the company, and now he's going on the defensive after a meme poked fun at the situation. The timing of the meme in question, however, hasn't come at a good time for the billionaire.

Yesterday, Musk posted a version of the still-popular Distracted Boyfriend meme that included the CEO, Tesla, and Twitter.

"To be clear, I'm spending <5% (but actually) of my time on the Twitter acquisition. It ain't rocket science!" Musk wrote. "Yesterday was Giga Texas, today is Starbase. Tesla is on my mind 24/7. So may seem like below, but not true."

It's hard to believe Musk really is spending so little time on the Twitter acquisition. He recently announced the deal was on hold until he confirms a company filing that claims spam and fake accounts on the site make up less than 5% of its userbase. Musk's skepticism could stem from recent revelations that Twitter overinflated monetizable daily active user (mDAU) counts between 2019 and 2021, something it claims was done in "error."

Tesla's stock price was $1,145 on April 4, just before Musk revealed he had acquired a 9.2% stake in Twitter. Concerns that his attention is no longer focused on the EV firm have seen its share price fall since then; it now stands at $709.

The meme comes just as Insider reported that SpaceX, another of Musk's companies, paid an employee $250,000 to settle a claim she was sexually harassed by him in 2016. The payment was allegedly made in 2018 to an unidentified flight attendant who worked as a contract employee on a SpaceX corporate jet.

The attendant accuses Musk of exposing himself to her, rubbing her leg without consent, and offering to buy her a horse in exchange for an erotic massage.

Musk has vehemently denied the claims and called the article a "hit piece" designed to hamper his acquisition of Twitter.

Permalink to story.

Actually it might be even more deliberate than that: If he didn't know he must have been told buying Twitter was a TERRIBLE IDEA: he has enough advisors around him that probably told him as much, repeatedly.

Crashing Tesla well, who's really surprised at this point? It's incredibly volatile and constantly fluctuates wildly. All it would take is some clever and not-so-difficult maneuvering for Musk to secretly buy a bit more of Tesla stock now that he created the dip with his incompetence only to have it rapidly grow back once he sabotages some other municipalities under the guise of a heavy investment, likely in Texas by the sound of it, to get the value of it back up and him becoming even richer because of these "distraction" of his own making.

Freedom of speech is so important to Elon Musk he'll put his acquisition of Twitter on hold while they pull out a magnifying glass to determine if it's 5% bots or 5.2% bots. What a fraud. If it was about principles this is a detail that wouldn't affect the deal in the slightest.

I find it more amazing, that pretty much BEFORE Musk hinted about buying twitter, he was akin to a media darling, with his electric cars. Now, he's hated by those that thought of him as a environmental God, because he's stated bad orange man might come back.

What part of "if his Twitter purchase is about restoring free speech, the percentage of bots shouldn't matter" isn't getting through to your brains?

If he really cared, the bot percentage wouldn't matter, no matter what it was, ergo, the purchase is just Musk empire-building using free speech as a fig leaf, which is execrable.

I guess it serves me right throwing a number into my post because, as usual, nerds latch onto that to be "right" and completely ignore the actual meaning of my post.

I love how Elon is finally coming out of the closet as a typical American conspiracy kid… ‘Someone attacks me, it must be the FBI/Media/Opposing political party’ is just the saddest and most prevalent trope in the US these days… This culture of inventing absurdity whenever one comes under even slight attack is pathetic…

I love how Elon is finally coming out of the closet as a typical American conspiracy kid… ‘Someone attacks me, it must be the FBI/Media/Opposing political party’ is just the saddest and most prevalent trope in the US these days… This culture of inventing absurdity whenever one comes under even slight attack is pathetic…
I know, right? Just like that crazy conspiracy that Democrats paid for a fake dossier on Trump and that Hillary's lawyer used that to start an FBI investigation into her political opponent over Russian collusion that didn't exist. I mean how absurd is that? Uh, wait....

While I don't believe this is some master conspiracy against Musk, I agree with him that it's "politically" motivated. The flight attendant clearly doesn't like Musk's politics and probably is buying into all the liberal hype that Musk's purchase of Twitter is an attack on democracy (speaking of absurdity).

What part of "if his Twitter purchase is about restoring free speech, the percentage of bots shouldn't matter" isn't getting through to your brains?

If he really cared, the bot percentage wouldn't matter, no matter what it was, ergo, the purchase is just Musk empire-building using free speech as a fig leaf, which is execrable.

I guess it serves me right throwing a number into my post because, as usual, nerds latch onto that to be "right" and completely ignore the actual meaning of my post.

It's because he is involving outside investors. No matter what his motivation is, he cannot put together a deal based on the value of Twitter that is based on a lie regarding the number of active users.

It's because he is involving outside investors. No matter what his motivation is, he cannot put together a deal based on the value of Twitter that is based on a lie regarding the number of active users.
That doesn't change anything. If it was really about free speech, then he wouldn't be involving outsiders unless he was certain they were on board for the same reason in which case it would be equally immaterial to them.

That doesn't change anything. If it was really about free speech, then he wouldn't be involving outsiders unless he was certain they were on board for the same reason in which case it would be equally immaterial to them.
Unfortunately in the world of investment there are laws that must be followed or people wind up getting sued. Since he is involving investment institutions, all the t's must be crossed and I's dotted. They cannot simply ignore the fact that the books may have been cooked.

You mean like the Judge Kavanaugh r@pe accusation, Russia collusion hoax, the Hunter Biden laptop is Russian propaganda hoax, the fake impeachment hoax, the vaccine works hoax, the Covington high school kids hoax, the Jussie Smollet hoax, the Kyle Rittenhouse hoax, the Bubba Wallace hoax, Elizabeth Warren is native American hoax, BLM peaceful protest, etc ... I can do this all day long. Your turn.

He knew the article was coming out because they asked him to comment on it before they released it. He asked them to wait while he came up with a plan to call this all a political hit job. He might have even started this whole thing with Twitter just to distract people from this article.

You don't think Musk was aware that the allegations were going to come out? That maybe he said all that to "get ahead of it"?

I'm not saying that the allegations are true or not... but don't be fooled into thinking that Musk was somehow prescient and that this was a "Democrat attack" on him.
A sheep and his small flock

You mean like the Judge Kavanaugh r@pe accusation, Russia collusion hoax, the Hunter Biden laptop is Russian propaganda hoax, the fake impeachment hoax, the vaccine works hoax, the Covington high school kids hoax, the Jussie Smollet hoax, the Kyle Rittenhouse hoax, the Bubba Wallace hoax, Elizabeth Warren is native American hoax, BLM peaceful protest, etc ... I can do this all day long. Your turn.
You forgot the attack on the bloody Capitol to overturn the elections - total hoax as well, right??

And The Dump calling officials in Georgia to get him votes any way they can, also a hoax??

The Dump describing COVID as a hoax??

The Dump praising his master Putin after attacking Ukrain, also a hoax??

The list is long, but some of us have a life outside TS.

You forgot the attack on the bloody Capitol to overturn the elections - total hoax as well, right??

And The Dump calling officials in Georgia to get him votes any way they can, also a hoax??

The Dump describing COVID as a hoax??

The Dump praising his master Putin after attacking Ukrain, also a hoax??

The list is long, but some of us have a life outside TS.
You mean the pseudo attack where the capital police opened the doors for the protesters and then proceeded to murder two unarmed women? And yes Putin did invade Ukraine once that imbecile made it into the oval office just like he invaded when Obama was President.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back