TechSpot

Emachine Motherboard

By JC-TRX250R
Nov 24, 2007
  1. I was just give a Emachine T2200. The previous owner replaced the power supply and it still will not boot up. I am assuming after reading on here that it is the motherboard. But I can not find any mention of an aftermarket model # for a replacement for the emachine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

2. KingCody

KingCody TS Guru Posts: 1,568   +7

3. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,942   +167

4. KingCody

KingCody TS Guru Posts: 1,568   +7

I liked to that thread because it provided all the information needed to find a replacement mobo for that computer.

almost ALL socket-A motherboards have been discontinued... some stores still have leftover stock but motherboard manufacturers stopped making them years ago.

5. Herbssat

Herbssat TS Rookie Posts: 64

Good evening. The poster should go to E-Bay to find a board for this model E machines. I just fixed 2 of these in the last 2 weeks.Both of them had the same problems; power supply and motherboard. There is an Asrock K7S41-GX that I used to repair these socket A E-machines. The only problem that I had with the motherboard was that it did not come with an I/O shield and all drivers had to be downloaded from the Asrock site. I also had to flash the bios as the revision that it came with caused some video problems. Also ; I forgot to mention that the usb case header would not reach the motherboard usb header so I had to make an extension to get the front usb ports to work and the board did not have a firewire connector.The customer did not care about this.If for some reason, this is technically challenging for the poster; the same ecs board is also listed on E-bay. The advantage to this is the poster can be up and running in no time flat without having to deal with other issues.

6. Tmagic650

Many of the motherboards on E-Bay are DOA, especially when it comes to the crappy eMachines boards. Having to replace a power supply and motherboard at the same time, is common place with eMachines. Downloading drivers from the motherboard manufacturers is always recommended over using drivers on old supplied CD's

7. Herbssat

I guess I would consider myself lucky. Doing anything with a socket A motherboard these days is a crapshoot. With the price that I paid for the board; I had nothing to lose. Either do that or replace the motherboard and cpu at a higher cost to the customer. In most cases that I have seen only 1 out of 5 will survive a blown or marginal power supply.

8. Tmagic650

I will totally upgrade an eMachines computer so that the only original part is the case. The power supply at least 350 watts, modern current motherboard, CPU and memory. Usually a bigger hard drive is called for too, and maybe a CD/DVD Burner

9. Herbssat

That's the way to go if you can get the customer to see the point and agree to it. The last one I had in a couple of days ago had 2 cd drives and a amd xp 2200. It was using the same old bestec power supply and had no exhaust fan in the back; all in that crappy little case and the customer wondered why it failed. They were extremely lucky it lasted as long as it did.When a customer brings an E-machine in and it won't power up; I tell them in most cases be prepared to spend at least 225.00 to repair it.

10. rimaxse

rimaxse TS Rookie

did anyone get a mobo. i need one also..

11. Tmagic650

For what model eMachines?

12. rimaxse

rimaxse TS Rookie

sorry i have a emachine t2200 with a new poer supply only 250watt tho.
    this is my thread i guess i posted in the wrong place? ww.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=674963#post674963

thanx!!!

13. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.