TechSpot

Emachine not working

By rimaxse
Oct 20, 2008
  1. ok i have a emachine t2200. just read that emachines suck. anyways i had this pc for a few years. i already bought a PSU. because i thought that was it. what happen was nothing on the screen just the ring around the power buttom just lite up. i opened it seen a red led on whats does this mean? the only upgrade i done was a video card. that was in for 6 months then the cpu die. (22in acer screen) i mostly do on line shopping email etc. no downloading really. i read that the MOBO are junk. would that fix it?

2. rimaxse

rimaxse TS Rookie Topic Starter

anyone??? ttt

3. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 21,065   +169

Your motherboard is obsolete... You can rebuild your system for around $275 if you are in the USA. You would need a mini-ATX motherboard and multi-core CPU, DDR2 memory, and a SATA hard drive. You could reuse your CD drive, power supply and case. You will also need a copy of XP

4. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,674

u do not give any specs on the PSU, and that would be to know. what model?

5. rimaxse

its a factory replacement. 250 watt. got it on ebay

6. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,674

and replace that PSU.

7. Tmagic650

Yes boost that wimpy OEM 250 watt power supply to a 350 or a 450 watt quality supply

8. rimaxse

think about this a its cheap one.... and yes its a emachine one. i had my last one for like 5-6 years

ww.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=4140520&sku=S445-T5254&SRCCODE=WEM1734C&cm_mmc=Email-_-Main-_-WEM1734-_-nineweeks

9. Tmagic650

Some eMachines will last years, but when they fail, there is no repairing, only rebuilding or buying a new system. Most home built systems will last about 4 or 5 years. I upgrade my system every 6 months or so now. I had one of my systems last 5 years. I'm replacing an Asus motherboard in a system today. It has been in service since 2001. Some capacitors blew up on the motherboard.

...and Rimaxse, post a few more replies and you will be able to post proper links

10. omegafate

omegafate TS Rookie Posts: 117

actuallyid just buy the emachines for the parts

i meen hell for 500 bucks

u get alot of decent parts

mainly the

hard drive

cpu

ram

dvd/cd rom

including the perifrials

then buy better parts and build my own pc from thoes if not replace some

but thats just me

11. Tmagic650

Yeah $500 for:
    hard drive $45
    CPU $30
    RAM $20
    DVD/CD $25
    Other peripherals $50

$200 worth of parts for $500... such a deal :)

12. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.