TechSpot

Emachine not working

By rimaxse
Oct 20, 2008
  1. ok i have a emachine t2200. just read that emachines suck. anyways i had this pc for a few years. i already bought a PSU. because i thought that was it. what happen was nothing on the screen just the ring around the power buttom just lite up. i opened it seen a red led on whats does this mean? the only upgrade i done was a video card. that was in for 6 months then the cpu die. (22in acer screen) i mostly do on line shopping email etc. no downloading really. i read that the MOBO are junk. would that fix it?

2. rimaxse

rimaxse TS Rookie Topic Starter

anyone??? ttt

3. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Your motherboard is obsolete... You can rebuild your system for around $275 if you are in the USA. You would need a mini-ATX motherboard and multi-core CPU, DDR2 memory, and a SATA hard drive. You could reuse your CD drive, power supply and case. You will also need a copy of XP

4. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 923   +11

u do not give any specs on the PSU, and that would be to know. what model?

5. rimaxse

its a factory replacement. 250 watt. got it on ebay

6. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 923   +11

and replace that PSU.

7. Tmagic650

Yes boost that wimpy OEM 250 watt power supply to a 350 or a 450 watt quality supply

8. rimaxse

think about this a its cheap one.... and yes its a emachine one. i had my last one for like 5-6 years

ww.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=4140520&sku=S445-T5254&SRCCODE=WEM1734C&cm_mmc=Email-_-Main-_-WEM1734-_-nineweeks

9. Tmagic650

Some eMachines will last years, but when they fail, there is no repairing, only rebuilding or buying a new system. Most home built systems will last about 4 or 5 years. I upgrade my system every 6 months or so now. I had one of my systems last 5 years. I'm replacing an Asus motherboard in a system today. It has been in service since 2001. Some capacitors blew up on the motherboard.

...and Rimaxse, post a few more replies and you will be able to post proper links

10. omegafate

omegafate TS Rookie Posts: 104

actuallyid just buy the emachines for the parts

i meen hell for 500 bucks

u get alot of decent parts

mainly the

hard drive

cpu

ram

dvd/cd rom

including the perifrials

then buy better parts and build my own pc from thoes if not replace some

but thats just me

11. Tmagic650

Yeah $500 for:
    hard drive $45
    CPU $30
    RAM $20
    DVD/CD $25
    Other peripherals $50

$200 worth of parts for $500... such a deal :)

12. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.