eMachine T2385

By crazycooter
Jun 8, 2007
  1. I have had the eMachine T2385 for several years and have had great success with it. Recently, I lost power to the machine at the outlet. When the power resumed, the machine power on no longer worked. I ordered and have installed a new upgraded replacement for the power supply that came with the unit. However, no start!!!! I have replaced power supplies before and have not had a problem like this. Anyone have any suggestions or need further information to assist????

Thanks in advance.
  2. MMDominator88

MMDominator88 TS Rookie Posts: 119

your motherboard may have fried............
  3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

There seems to be some debate as to whether the mobo makes the psu fail or the other way round. However, whatever the pro`s and con`s, I`d say in all probability your mobo is dead and either needs to be replaced or a new system purchased. This seems to be a common fault with eMachines and you`ve probably been very lucky to get it this far.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  4. crazycooter

crazycooter TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you for the replies. Since I am not a pro at repair, is there anyway I can tell for sure that it would be the mother board without taking to a pro to have it checked out??

5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.