Emachine T2682 what will work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, John here, a new member, I been wanting to get involved in a tech. group for computers, I tryed fix it, but seems out of sorts for me,, so I will try here,, I have a number of computers I use, in time I will list all in my profile, for now I have one down for repair, its been faithful for some years, emachine T2682, it was running and just lost video signal and HD light stays on, have to force a shut down to reboot, it will run the post and to windows logo, it went into desktop first couple of first times rebooting'' the power supply stays running, the fan, but mother board cpu fan shuts off,,and don't forget HD light yellow just as monitor signal light also goes from green to yellow, I guess I just need some confidence, I will go with a power supply first? then a mother board combo of some kind that will fit in this case,, jump in here also on any help price wise to make a upgraded to this machine..I also did have a ATI PCI video card in this system. I pulled it and went back to on board video with same results, so people give me a hand, and i hope to be of help to others in the group as well, see bio or email me, messenger AIM is **** and Yahoo is **** I work on line all the time so keep me company while working,,, thanks, John

Hi peye2000

You could try benchtesting the motherboard (link in quote below)
try Benchtesting the motherboard

Also as you are new, I'll just let you know a few things, already posted to you h e r e (best to read the guidelines ;))
  • No emails on public forum
  • Only create one thread for your technical issue (1 thread by you removed, and Intro tech help posts removed)
  • Try to be clear with your support request posts, h e r e 's an excellent read
  • Be very clear (but brief) on your Title: " Emachine T2682 what will work?" is not very clear
Doing the above, including reading the discussed guidelines and guides will help you create better support help request posts. Where support members may be able to pinpoint the issue a lot more quicker.

There are many more specific guidelines, for you to have a look through, you can even start here: Read: How to post a New Thread

Lets say it was bench tested.

I've removed, ans unplugged everything, all pci cards, mode, dvd, cd, 1 1/4 drive, it still boots to windows logo, but wont make it to the desktop, before cpu fan stops, power supply still runs, at least the fan in PS, hd light yellow,, far as I can tell its the MB,, now I just like to know what will fit, I want to put a foxconn 661fx7mj-rs in this e-case, looks like it will fit,,just wondering if anyone has any doubts it will work, mounts look same,, I think the only problem maybe OS wont boot on the new board? if I have the drivers for the new board what could happen? Someone said emachine OS has to see the Emachine board? big deal I will just pull my stuff with a hd jump system,,, any more info let me know , it will help with my task..John

Hi John thanks for the quick reply back

If you change any Motherboard in any system, you will then need to run a Windows Repair.
As you have other systems as well, here are some excellent guides for the most common:

By the way, ideally use the same eMachine branded or tattooed Motherboard, T2682.
Or just replace the entire computer for a better (different manufacture) one
That's what I'd do :D

Microsoft's Windows XP Professional Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxpprofessional.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm

Microsoft's Windows XP Home Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxphome.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm

Vista Repair:
http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winvista/index.htm (index page)
http://vistahomepremium.windowsreinstall.com/repairstartup/repairstartup.htm (guide)

kimsland. have we determined that this particular Emachine actually has a copy of Windows, and not a set of restore discs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back