Emachine t2885

Status
Not open for further replies.

rypivolks

i have a t2885 model. i want to know what i have to replace to be able to get more ram. right now i max out a 1g. also what brand would be best to get?

First things first: Get a new power supply. I learned that lesson the hard way when my motherboard fried

If your maxed at 1GB id reccomend a new motherboard because your motherboard will not detect new RAM

Corsair is my favorite kind of RAM but Kingston is another great brand. OCZ makes good RAM too. Check them out at newegg.com

As for the motherboard, you might need to install windows again which will kill all the data you have on your computer. Also, it needs to be compatible with all your other hardware. I'd recommend MicroStar, Intel, ATI, or Asus for motherboards. Newegg again has these motherboards.

Power Supplies are easy to install and have no drivers so you should do that first.

Antec makes awesome power supplies, but ive had good luck with my Rosewill 300 Watt for $29.95USD

If you need help, I can help you install everything, for ive done it all myself before.

Just gimme a holler :)

Good Luck,
sw123

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back