TechSpot

eMachine tattoo

By chuck1939
Mar 25, 2007
  1. I have been given a warranty repair job on an eMachine. The warranty provider is in Florida and chose me to give the job to rather than try to send a tech all the way from Anchorage. I have never replaced a eMachine MOBO, and I am not at all familiar with tattoo procedure. The warranty provider gave me a link to a HP/Compac tattoo download where I was able to burn a disk. However, when I actually got the MOBO, it turned out to be a eMachine, not HP or Compac. Will the tattoo work anyway? I could also use any help you might give on better understanding the whole tattoo process.
    chuck1939

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,915   +167

You poor fellow... Emachines warranty repair. If you use a replacement Emachines motherboard, the tattoo should not be an issue

3. chuck1939

chuck1939 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks! I have already learned not to get involved in warranty work again, unless it is on one I persnally build. Hopefully, everything will go smoothly, but I just don't want to show up at the customer's and look like a fool because I didn't take the time to investigate this issue. I will be taking a PS with me just in case that was the culprit from the start. Thanks again!
    chuck1939

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.