Emachines 190 and 380 power up problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right............ I have been given a couple of towers to look at from a friend of the family, as i thought i might have been able to repair them.

The problems is and this is with both towers, that when i connect all the wires to the towers and goto switch them on they both are already powering up, but nothing comes up on screen, and all the hardware (gfx card, fans, hard drive,usb slots, memory, cpu, fan, cd drive, floppy drive) seems to be powering up fine and working ok as i have tested them in other machines.

When i try different power supplies in both of them neither of them power at all.

Am i right in thinking that it is a motherboard problem, or is there something else which might be causing the problem at all?

Both models have failed motherboards built in Korea at Tri-Gem from Intel designs.
We will be surprised if you can ever bring either eMachines computer to life.
You are correct that it is a motherboard problem in each of them... and we don't know of a way you can bring them back to life.
Sorry for the bad news.

Yes, just so you do not buy the eMachines motherboard, which is $179.99, plus shipping.
You can find many boards which will fit, and the CPU is a good one. You do have to be certain that the CPU found in the eMachines will work in the motherboard you select.
There are several which will work, including Intel and a few others, but are rare in new condition. You will find them for around $44 to $79 on eBay.
There can be a problem with CPU and board mismatch, but those can be dealt with if the board you buy can be identified with a current motherboard manufacturer so you can get the setup from their website. We do not recommend the PCChips board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back