eMachines EL1210-09 CPU upgrade options

I have a eMachines EL1210-09 and I was wondering what CPU upgrades are available for it. I do not have very much info. about the computer itself. If you could give me a few options that would be great! Also I am a new member so please for give my mistake as I am still trying to figure everything out. Thanks

Following are the specifications for the eMachines® EL1210 desktop series.

eMachines EL1210-09 Desktop PC Athlon LE-1620(2.4GHz) 2GB DDR2 160GB HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce 8200 Windows Vista Home Premium

Socket AM2 Energy Efficient / 65nm SOI _ LE-1620 _ 2.4GHz _ 1MB _ 45W

AMD® Athlon™ X2 processor (45 W max)
AMD Athlon processor
AMD Sempron™ processor

I'm afraid I don't know enough about the tech to suggest a CPU.
All I can tell you is that the AM2 socket was used in that model.
I wish you luck in your search.

Motheboard??

Hi, if you can remove the cover of the PC and tell us the motherboard name o code we can see wich processor support your pc.

Check if the motherboar is "eMachines WMCP78M motherboard"

I read that Processor: Athlon™ X2 Dual-Core
Model Number: 5050e
Core Speed: 2600MHz
Wattage: 45W
L2 Cache Size: 512KB x2
CMOS: 65nm SOI
Socket: AM2
Could Work in the system!

Thanks

Thanks for the info. so far guys and i will get back to you with the motherboard information ASAP!
EDIT: Lets just assume that your right and that is the motherboard number would this work?
NEW AMD Athlon 64 X2 5050e AM2 CPU ADH5050IAA5DO 2.6GHz 45W Dual Core
/itm/150663308142?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Sorry about the messed up link you have to take the above thing and paste it next to ebay

Yes, that could work with your mobo!

Check with eMachines support to be sure!!
support.gateway.com/us/en/emachines/emac/EL1210/EL1210nv.shtml#

I would postulate that you would probably be able to use an Athlon X2, as long as it was the one that shipped with series of machines..Any CPU with a later launch date would probably entail a BIOS update, which eMachines would not provide.

eMachines upgrades, as with most prebuilt computers, mostly center around more memory, and more HDD storage. Sometime it is possible to upgrade the video card, but the PSU needs to be changed at the same time. If you're looking for some immediate improvement in gaming, that might be the way to go. That being said, this is a slimline case, (?), and would not really cool very well in heavy graphics & CPU usage situations.

Unless you have access to parts on the cheap, you might at least give consideration to building a new machine.

Thanks

I hope to get a new computer soon but there is a possibilty that this may work. I will take all of this information and use it wisely. Thanks!
Please lock this thread.

I'm in the same situation. What processor did you end up purchasing? The one you linked to in your previous comment? Can you provide the specs? Thanks for your help!

Back