eMachines recovery disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello - The second person who has posted something similar this year. I am in need of Emachines Recovery Disc for my new computer. After protecting my account with a password WIndows7 now won't recognize it. I was also told that there would be a delay past the 5-10 estimated days due to backorder. I have also paid for one by 2nd day mail from the website, but have not recieved a confirmation or has the money been deducted from my account. While I have a standard account that is not password protected I cannot add any software to my machine or transfer files, etc.
Any help or thoughts would be appreciated
Rex Walters

Dear Mr. Walters, in an open forum such as this it's impossible to tell if the poster is the genuine owner of the computer involved. This story has many variants, each more emotionally wrenching than the last.

The fact remains that force implementation of the recovery procedure will wipe the HDD, along with all the data contained on "C:/". No matter whose data it actually is.

As I alluded to earlier this story has many variants, my favorite is the netbook without the OS.

Emachines supplies recovery files that are very strenuously suggested that be burned to disc before anything else is done with the machine. Whoops, I guess we missed that somehow.

I don't know if the recovery discs can be burned from the "Guest" account.

There are password crackers available as open source freeware. Saying exactly what those programs are, and / or where to find them is unfortunately past both my inclination and current TS paygrade, (or for that matter probably Techspot policy).

If you've already ordered a recovery disk, why not just wait for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back