eMachines T3642 turns on by itself stays on for awhile and then shuts down

Hello to all , I am new to the forums, and would love to get some help from you all.

model t3642 emachine turns on by itself stays on for an hour or so and then shuts down . Repeat boots up on its own shuts down on its own . These on an offs were starting more frequently till i saw a post of check your psu (used the old one from my game cpu for the test it had stopped for about 5hours then shutdown on its on so put original back ) and pop the battery out for a minute and put it back , so for the past 4 hours its turned on once and shutdown after and 1 hour had past . Help Please

Thank you for helping me

Thank you for helping me. Now i have study that video and some of the others , part 1 and 2 , but the capacitors all look pretty good , nice flatness to them after looking at the video i thought about the extra drive i had (only a 120gb ) so i disconnected the sata 250gb and connected the 120gb install vista on it to see if it were the drive , so about 8 to 10 hours past with no turning on and off and would you know it as soon as i'm thinking its the original drive i turn my head and boom i see it going in shutdown mode and once again its doing loading screen comes all the way on stays on for less time 10 to 15 minute it shuts its self down and turns its self on it can do this for about 2 to 3 times till it shuts down or turns on and will stay that way for about 1 to 2 hours, so i just put the sata back in since it started doing the same thing with a different drive .

Try another power supply and if the problem still exists, the motherboard is the cause of the trouble

Back