Emachines upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I'm new to upgrading comps outside of ram and drives ect. for the money price was right. A friend bought me a new emachines with Celeron Dual core 2.0 Ghz and good ram ect. but i was wondering if i could swap out the cpu for a better one i know what the FSB it has and class of cpu's it supports. i was looking a core 2 duo or core 2 quad they match and are supported by the board i no PSU and fans would need updated as well but what all would i Have to do or would the stock emachines install of window and my bio mess with me. as i said i'm kinda new to the more in depth tweaks. Any help is appreciated.

Bear in mind , e-machines are made cheaply to sell cheaply. While you might be able to upgrade the CPU, the other components would probably bottleneck. In short, it probably isn't worth it. You might be able to add some ram, but I really wouldn't waste the money on a cheap budget computer like e machines. If you haven't already done so - replace the PSU - emachines are notorious for blowing PSUs which in turn take out the mobo.

I know that already happened to me twice have a 480w i have going in i had sitting from when i went to fix my last comp going in with sata and pci-e pugs on it already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back