Email attachment error Vista

By Stephanie Dier
Dec 8, 2008
  1. First I need to thank boards like these that can help us when Microsoft will or can not.
    Here is my problem. I downloaded some info from a client and since then I cannot send an attached email. It does send but all attachments change into a data file and 5-7 emails are sent with my AVG warning me that it contains malware. The error is 0x800ccc6f and then it says the server response is 554. I know the server message means that it cannot send. It does send, after a bit. I would really appreciate any help I can receive. I have a Dell laptop, 1520, use windows mail with roadrunner as my server. and wonderful vista. Help! Thanks to all who try to help.
    I can send emails ok without attachments or an attachment that is internet based.
  2. Stephanie Dier

Stephanie Dier TS Rookie Topic Starter

3. Stephanie Dier

Stephanie Dier TS Rookie Topic Starter

I did not get a reply but I did a search for the same problem. I read the replies and one if the replies solved my problem. Thanks again to this board. My IP provider, roadrunner, told me to do the opposite. She needs to get a new job and people on this board need to be complemented.I will spread the word about this helpful site.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.