Email attachment error Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
First I need to thank boards like these that can help us when Microsoft will or can not.
Here is my problem. I downloaded some info from a client and since then I cannot send an attached email. It does send but all attachments change into a data file and 5-7 emails are sent with my AVG warning me that it contains malware. The error is 0x800ccc6f and then it says the server response is 554. I know the server message means that it cannot send. It does send, after a bit. I would really appreciate any help I can receive. I have a Dell laptop, 1520, use windows mail with roadrunner as my server. and wonderful vista. Help! Thanks to all who try to help.
I can send emails ok without attachments or an attachment that is internet based.

First I need to thank boards like these that can help us when Microsoft will or can not.
Here is my problem. I downloaded some info from a client and since then I cannot send an attached email. It does send but all attachments change into a data file and 5-7 emails are sent with my AVG warning me that it contains malware. The error is 0x800ccc6f and then it says the server response is 554. I know the server message means that it cannot send. It does send, after a bit. I would really appreciate any help I can receive. I have a Dell laptop, 1520, use windows mail with roadrunner as my server. and wonderful vista. Help! Thanks to all who try to help.
I can send emails ok without attachments or an attachment that is internet based.

I did not get a reply but I did a search for the same problem. I read the replies and one if the replies solved my problem. Thanks again to this board. My IP provider, roadrunner, told me to do the opposite. She needs to get a new job and people on this board need to be complemented.I will spread the word about this helpful site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back