Email HiJacker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackScarlet

Just recently I have been getting a slew of emails in my inbox and junk folder - emails of blocked by spam filters and delivery failed... Apparently my email address is sending dozens and dozens of spam emails to various people every day, under odd names that aren't mine but the email address is...
I have no detected spyware on my pc right now, what could it be? It is slightly worrisome...

HiJack This doesn't seem to see anything, but here is the log...

sorry to tell you, but you MUST abandon the existing email address!

Somehow it was found on the Internet (do you post to to any blogs like this site)
and the consequence is that a spammer is using it to prey upon others.
Your ISP, Antivirus product and firewalls will not be able to help you in this case.

Hi,

From what I see, that is not a complete HijackThis log. Also, you are running an outdated version of HijackThis.
You can obtain the latest version from the link in my signature.

Please post your HijackThis log as an attachment to this thread. Do not copy and paste if not it will be removed.

As jobeard pointed out, external software may not help much in this case, thus it would be wise to abandon the existing email address. Unless the email address is provided by your ISP, I doubt they can do much either.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of BlackScarlet only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back