Enabling POST Signaling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybersciver

This might sound a bit daft but how do I enable POST signalling when the case has no microphone connector?
The case is a Coolermaster Cosmos 1000. It has 4 header connectors - Power, Reset, Power LED & HDD LED. (And audio connectors for HD Audio & AC97).
I have a sound card and have disabled the on-board audio.
Everything works fine but there are no POST beeps.
Have these been done away with, like floppy drives?

Do you also have the four pins (on the M/b) for the little internal speaker?
Mind you this beep sound can be disabled through some tweaking programs (so I wonder if someone has done this)

The beep sounds, will usually only be heard under fault condition, and it may go through your onboard sound (presently disabled) so it may be difficult to test.
You could remove your Ram cards and then turn on the computer, to hear any beep code. (possibly enabling onboard sound again)

Apologies for the delay in replying kimsland. I built the pc myself and bought the case new so no-one else has been involved. Removing the RAM doesn't elicit any beeps.

The mbd is an Abit IP35 Pro and has a standard header panel complete with the 4 pin speaker connection. It's just that Coolermaster in its wisdom(?!) haven't supplied a connection to it. I don't know if there is a speaker in the front panel even. The connector may have been omitted accidentally but trying to contact Coolermaster to ask exhausted my limited supply of patience - they wouldn't accept my inquiry unless I downloaded a file!
I'm wondering if there's someone else with a Cosmo 1000 with the same problem or if my case is a one off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back