TechSpot

Encryption Problem on Seagater Free Agent Go

By oink
May 26, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi All,

Need some help here. I am useing the Seagate Free Agent Go external hard disk, 320Gig. On the security tab i have created an encryption folder, together with my password to protect the files and save all my important files.

This morning, when I open the seagate manager, go on the security tab it doesn't give me an option to open the encrypted folder. THe only options that appeared was to created password, re-enter password. I tried to to that and click enter but then it prompts me to the seagate manager home menu. I wasn't able to decrypt all my files.

Ive checked on My Computer, click the drive, and it shows there the encyption folder ive made. But I need to use the seagate manag er, and go to security tab to open the encrypted file.

Please help. Thanks.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,813   +159

Can i assume that you have the FreeAgent hooked to a laptop? If so, try opening the files on another computer. These FreeAgent files may be corrupted
  3. oink

oink TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yes, I'm using it as my external hard drive. I have re-install the driver (seagate manager) but the problem persist. I have tried to other machine, still the same. Tried to Vista or XP OS, same prob. Any suggestion? Thanks.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.