Encryption Problem on Seagater Free Agent Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Need some help here. I am useing the Seagate Free Agent Go external hard disk, 320Gig. On the security tab i have created an encryption folder, together with my password to protect the files and save all my important files.

This morning, when I open the seagate manager, go on the security tab it doesn't give me an option to open the encrypted folder. THe only options that appeared was to created password, re-enter password. I tried to to that and click enter but then it prompts me to the seagate manager home menu. I wasn't able to decrypt all my files.

Ive checked on My Computer, click the drive, and it shows there the encyption folder ive made. But I need to use the seagate manag er, and go to security tab to open the encrypted file.

Please help. Thanks.

Can i assume that you have the FreeAgent hooked to a laptop? If so, try opening the files on another computer. These FreeAgent files may be corrupted

Yes, I'm using it as my external hard drive. I have re-install the driver (seagate manager) but the problem persist. I have tried to other machine, still the same. Tried to Vista or XP OS, same prob. Any suggestion? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back