End task pop ups when shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

stellarPCserv

explorer.exe and several other end now warning pop ups when shuting down win xp pro, they just pop up for a split second..
i noticed several reg entrys were blank or missing so i replaced the entrys by hand and the end task items are still poping up on shutdown..
anyone know how to fix this without dammaging the other systems and programs on the pc, its a clients pc and they dont have any backups for there software,
thanks

yes, there was a very destructive virus on the computer, i was in the registry for other reasons to remove the virus and noticed that there were several key windows reg items that were missing completely, all the scans i can find there isnt any one i can find to scan and replace missing keys, all the scan programs just delete empty keys. some empty keys shouldent be deleted, they need to be restored, the only thing i can think of is reformat but i dont have that option as the customer has lost many programs installed on the system,
so i guess im loking for somthing to replace registry keys and not delete them, and not touch installed programs,

i used scannow and it didnt seem to do anything. it asked for disk so i inserted the disk and let it finish and the registry was still missing the registry items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back