Enermax annoying safety mechanism?

By abzazia
Jan 20, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hey,
    i just bought a new computer, and assembled it.
    everything works great, except that whenever i unplug the computer and then plug it back, i cant turn it back on again for a while.
    No lights, no response, like its not in the socket at all. only after a few minutes of being unplugged it lets me turn it on again.
    It was very anooying when i assembled the system, and had to wait for a while between adding stuff.
    It really pissed me off when i had a power failure in my house for a second, and couldn't use my computer for about 20 minutes later.
    Is this a safety thing from enermax? if it is, is there a way i can get around it? or atleast minimize the wait time?
    my system, if u think that it might be somthing else:
    Processor: Intel core 2 duo E6400
    Motherboard: Asus P5B
    Mem: DDR2 512Mb 533MHz CL2 Kingston
    Graphics: Sapphire Radeon X1950PRO 256MB PCIe
    PSU: Enermax Noisetaker 420W

thanx ahead for any help.
  2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,284   +223

I've got the 475W Noisetaker and a 480W Noisetaker II, never had this problem with either of them. I did static discharge on the case of the comp that had the Noisetaker in it once and it wouldn't power on for a few minutes, but I've never had a problem like you are discribing.

I may be off on those wattages, I can't be arsed to check for sure right now. But I'm not off by more than 15, and its not even relavent to your case.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.