Enermax launches $99 Hoplite mid-tower with hotswap bays

By Matthew
Feb 10, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Enermax has launched a new desktop chassis aimed at gamers and performance buffs alike. Said to be the company's flagship mid-tower case, the "Hoplite" has a solid spec sheet for its $99 asking price. Among the more noteworthy features is two 3.5-inch hotswap drive bays along with an optional top-mounted hotswap drive dock, neither of which is common in a $100 case.

Read the whole story
  2. Raswan

Raswan TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 280

Actually looks like a pretty nice case for $99, though more 120s up front would be nice. Esp. impressed with the hole behind the mobo. Always a pain in the *** to take everything out to mess with the heat sink.
  3. ElShotte

ElShotte TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 163

You can't beat that for $100. I just have 1 question. The side panel vent doesn't have a filter or Plexi glass?
  4. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,049   +84 Staff Member

I can't say for sure, but judging by the pictures that's correct. The side panel looks like it's straight metal mesh with holes for two 120mm fans or one 200mm fan. You could always purchase filters separately.
  5. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,204   +70

Quiet impressive for a sub 100 case, though I'm a bit doubtful of the construction materials... since it is so cheap and has so many cool things.
  6. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 Newcomer, in training Posts: 489

If this Enermax mid-tower is as good as it looks, it will surely give the other better known brands a run for their money especially at the $100 price point. I know a number of full tower cases that don't even have that amount of clearance for large graphics cards.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.