Epson stylus printing GIBBERISH !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragebflame

Hi,

I have an epson stylus 740 set up on my old pc which i just installed windows xo pro onto, the printer prints ok, but not what i want.
If i was to print anything eg. a small picture, the printer prints infinate pages with gibberish code on the top of each one, and no picture.:confused: :confused:

Any help would be great. Im stumped.

You didn't mention what you did regarding printer drivers. If you haven't already go to the Epson site, download and install the latest driver.

Ok,
I downloaded the win 2000 driver as you said, before install it tells me that it is not a win XP driver and may cause instability, but i continue. It installs and the the setup looks for the printer. but it dosnt find it. Thing is, if i go to print something, it DOES print, but its gibberish. So windows can find it but setup cant. Since it cannot find the printer, the setup fails.:(

Any Ideas. :confused:

Uninstall whatever Epson drivers you have on it, rboot, then install the W2K drivers as advised.
If you did an upgrade from W98 to XP, you get results like yours.

are you using an LTP1 Port to connect the printer or usb? I use to work for Epson and know some troubleshooting steps to fix the 740 still

Epson printers are such junk. Printer prices have come down so low, you can get a quality printer to replace this, fairly cheaply now

I am using the LTP1 Port to connect the printer. I have tried uninstalling all printers off it but i was left with one default one i couldnt remove, even after 2 reboots. I tried the win 2000 driver again and it fails on setup because it cannot find the printer to configure it.

have you gone to add/remove and removed the driver out of there? Does the device manager show the item as being found when plugged in?

you obviously need XP drivers. Go to the epson website and download the correct drivers. W2K drivers will not work with XP apparently.

I don't think you visited the website then Tedster. There are no explicit XP drivers. If there were, I would have told him to get the XP drivers rather than the 2k drivers.

Haha,
The Port was faulty, I hooked the printer up through Usb and its working fine. How did i miss that.

Thanks for all your help on this one guys.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back