Era of the consoles, which one has touched you?

Which Console System Or Systems Have Touched Your Life?

• Atari 2600 To The 7800, Or Other Atari System

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Vectrex

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Sega SG-1000 To The Sega 32x, Or Other Sega System

• JVC X'eye

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Any Of The Many Nintendo Platforms

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • The Original XBox

• The XBox 360

• The Orginal Sony Playstation to the Playstation 2 "Fat" or "Slim"

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Sony Playstation 3

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • None And Or Other

• Total voters

Zen

Greetings and welcome:

First I would like to offer an apology for starting a somewhat unfair and semi personally biased poll in another area of our forums. I have contemplated that poll and wish it could be stricken.

Now I would like to just a take a moment or two of our members and guests time to sound off in this non bias poll. I, and possibly others would like to get a good grasp as to what video game system, or systems, have touched your life. I will be setting up this poll as to allow "multiple choice" answers.

Hypothetically speaking, say 10 years back you owned a Super Nintendo system, but you or your family purchased a couple more console systems through the years, leading you up to what you own now. It is totally ok to list what was once owned, or what has been collecting dust on your shelves, the very old and the modern day new all apply here.

Be mindful here folks, I can not list every single system ever made, the poll allows for only 10 choices. But if by chance I fail to list something, and you or your family owned it, please don't hesitate to give us your answer by way of a statement reply.

"Thank you for your time".......and now let's see where this takes us! :)

Reminder : Remember this poll can be multiple choice, select as many systems as you or your family have owned!

The only reason I choose Any Of The Many Nintendo Platforms is because they significantly "touched" my wallet as I bought them for my son.

PC gaming FTW!!! :darth:

The only reason I choose Any Of The Many Nintendo Platforms is because they significantly "touched" my wallet as I bought them for my son.

Well, I fell in love with a lot of those older titles. I am a jumpman at heart, and the Zelda soundtracks of the series really make me feel squishy inside. I still call people I dislike "Goomba" to this day. I almost voted Sega on this one though, since it also had a big influence on my early years. Toe Jam and Earl, Earthworm Jim, Sonic the Hedgehog, etc.

PC gaming FTW!!! :darth:

Agreed, but only because the emulators allow me to play the classics in between Civilization or Starcraft games. :D

I went with the original Playstation through PS2 because I spent the most time gaming with my son on these platforms. Would also have to throw in the Ninendo since Mario also got a lot of air time :)

Again, had to vote for the Playstation 3 (even though i was tempted for the PS2 because i too have spent alot of time on that console in my life)

I picked "Atari" for my Dad back in the late 1970's got me one, with two games "combat" and "space invaders". Then I picked the JVC X'eye for when I was newly married, my wife at the time got it for me, good will or good faith gesture I guess. And of course now I picked the Playstation 2 :), so I voted for three systems total.

I picked "Atari" for my Dad back in the late 1970's got me one, with two games "combat" and "space invaders". Then I picked the JVC X'eye for when I was newly married, my wife at the time got it for me, good will or good faith gesture I guess. And of course now I picked the Playstation 2 :), so I voted for three systems total.

We can vote more than once! OH SNAP! I need to add one.

EDIT: Argghh! How?

EDIT: Argghh! How?

People are only allowed to choose multiple choices and vote on them at the time the original vote in. The forum poll system, I don't believe allows for voting, after one has already voted. Sorry, I didn't set it up this way, just how the forum operates. :(

People are only allowed to choose multiple choices and vote on them at the time the original vote in. The forum poll system, I don't believe allows for voting, after one has already voted. Sorry, I didn't set it up this way, just how the forum operates. :(

Good to know either way. Thanks for the word.

I'm just a little surprised here! With all the "hype" & "fanfare" & "loyalists" there are for the XBox, I'm surprised that vote option has stood still, big fat "0"!

Now I'm not injecting this information to sway anything here, just kind of making a slight observation, that's all.

Maybe the only thing the Xbox touched was the anger of those it kept breaking down on :haha:

Maybe the only thing the Xbox touched was the anger of those it kept breaking down on :haha:

What was it? An XBox 360 and you got the famous "Red Ring" of death! :dead:

If so, I wasn't trying to rub it in.

Nah, I was just making a light-hearted joke at all those people who bought an Xbox rather than a PS3 and ended up getting the "Red Ring"...

I wouldn't mind getting an Xbox 360, but with their reputation, I doubt i ever will.

Nah, I was just making a light-hearted joke at all those people who bought an Xbox rather than a PS3 and ended up getting the "Red Ring"...

I wouldn't mind getting an Xbox 360, but with their reputation, I doubt i ever will.

They do have a nasty reputation, but the shoe definitely fits. My brother went through three of them in two years, which is just awful when you think about it. I keep telling him to let me build him a computer, and now with games like Elder Scrolls V on the horizon, he is giving serious thought to investing the chunk of cash required to get started.

Speaking of that particular series,I really wonder how ES-V: Skyrim is going to be limited by the old hardware of the consoles. How can I trust a game to be quality when it is being restricted by the platforms of seven or so years ago? It makes me wonder why more people don't play on the computer.

Quality games come from more than just visuals. I can totally understand the console people. Think about how much money a moderate PC gamer spends on hardware over the same period of someone that purchased a current gen console when it came out.

Quality games come from more than just visuals. I can totally understand the console people. Think about how much money a moderate PC gamer spends on hardware over the same period of someone that purchased a current gen console when it came out.

True, but I cannot help but think about the cost of console games, DLC, subscription fees, and replacement systems. I think the customization available to a computer player allows for a cheaper gaming experience in the long-run. It didn't use to be that way, but things have changed in the console realm.

I think it is comparable to what is happening with cable television, or paid programming I should say.

Well, I fell in love with a lot of those older titles. I am a jumpman at heart, and the Zelda soundtracks of the series really make me feel squishy inside. I still call people I dislike "Goomba" to this day. I almost voted Sega on this one though, since it also had a big influence on my early years. Toe Jam and Earl, Earthworm Jim, Sonic the Hedgehog, etc.

Agreed, but only because the emulators allow me to play the classics in between Civilization or Starcraft games. :D
Dude, needless to say I have been hunting for you for a bit now, my new skype is wiggling_snake my twitch.tv/wiggling_snake FIND ME.

I miss the good old days with Super Nintendo. Everything was on that! You could play Super Mario, Super Metroid, Final Fantasy and Zelda.

Definitely my Super Nintendo, my favorite game of all time is Super Metroid and that will stay with me forever.

I go way back to NES, haven't had another console since. I've played a game or two on a few newer ones by means of friends and family, but that was the extent of my desire to have another console. I learned my lesson the first time around.

NES and Gameboy were staples of my childhood. I think it's the reason I have longer thumbs than most people. Does anyone else here have stretched thumbs?

I gotta say Sega Genesis in my childhood follow by PS2. Gotta throw in Sega Game Gear into my childhood gaming experience too.

Back