TechSpot

Err(3)

By garybrian
Jan 6, 2010
  1. If this does not go here I do apologize. I have been getting the following message lately when I try to download something form FileHippo and other similar sites.
    ERR (3) FreshDownload could not take over the download. Click back button and return to the normal mode.
    I am a "noobie" when it comes to the technical side of computers, so any help would be greatly appreciated. I am running Windows XP Home and using Firefox 3.5.7 if this information helps. I have included a picture of the actual error message,

Attached Files:

2. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,398   +169

Fresh Download is a download manager that is supposed to work with Firefox.
    > Apparently it's not working well in your case
    > You might check to see if you have the latest version (find the latest version on their website. Link provided above)
    > You might also just uninstall it and download and use Flashgot (Flashgot is just another download manager)

3. vectorsigma32

vectorsigma32 TS Rookie Posts: 156

lol if u ruing firefox u dont need a download manger

4. garybrian

garybrian TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you, but how do i uninstall it. I don't see it in Control Panel -- Add or Remove Software. As I mentioned I am a "complete noob" when it comes to doing this stuff.
    Okay, i went to Firefox and then to plug-ins and disabled the program and that seemed to work. Does that make sense?

5. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,398   +169

Yea, makes sense... tho i think there should be an Uninstall button as well as the Disable button so you could uninstall it

6. vectorsigma32

vectorsigma32 TS Rookie Posts: 156

get some thing like Revo Uninstaller it should be able to find if there a Uninstaller there

7. garybrian

garybrian TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi guys, looked in plug-ins and there is only a "disable" no uninstall. Have Revo Uninstaller and could not find it there. Where should I look in Revo Uninstaller for the plug in anyway?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.