Error 0x1000007e, attached minidump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkyyy

Hey!

I have been getting this crash lately...
It started with did play the game counter-cstrike:source, and it kept crashing. Then my windows crashed and restarted. I did not see the bsod, but there's a log in the logbook and this minidump I have attached..

Can someone quickly read it through and see what is wrong?

Attachments

• Mini071709-01.dmp
    96 KB · Views: 7
Your minidump cited your cause as memory corruption. Your PC behavior supprts this as the most likely reason for such random crashes.

Check out this link and follow directions: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better.. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

I have some additional things for you to check, if memory comes back okay...
As I read your minidump, it is your Windows audio (Kmixer.sys) failing that triggered this BSOD and minidump.
(But, the cause is one layer further back, as Kmixer should be a good / solid file).
I believe that the cause is probably the way your 3rd party programs are interacting with windows and chipset drivers.
Specifically, (having researched Kmixer and Mix Buffers) I believe it is the way your game is interacting with DirectX.
To try to prove this, I would suggest that you try using Driver Verifier.
Howard Hopkinson, one of our past highly respected gurus posted this advice for using it...
To determine what driver is causing the problem I need you to enable driver verifier.

Steps:
1) Windows Key + R
2) Type in ‘verifier’ and hit enter
3) Make sure ‘Create Standard Setting’ is selected and hit next
4) Click on ‘Select all drivers installed on this computer’ and hit Finish
5) Reboot

There is a possibility that your computer will crash on reboot. If this occurs hit F8 when rebooting just before the windows logo screen and select the safe mode boot option. Follow the same steps above but on step 4 choose ‘Select driver names from a list’; hit next; check the box next to any driver where the provider is not Microsoft; hit Finish; reboot.

This will slow the performance of you computer a little while enabled but will hopefully catch the driver causing corruption.
Next time you crash the blue screen will hopefully say something like “DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION”.

Another option would be to check for updates/patches for your game that might address this issue.
Another option may be to try to use a different version of DirectX when using this game... and see if that resolves the issue.

allright when i have that turn on my fps drops huge i get spike-lags etc. It drops to around 160fps in stress test in cs:source, and i would normally get around 700-800...

I won't have that turned on sorry, i know it is stupid when you just try to help me, but even my mouse is lagging on the desktop sometimes.

I will run memtest tomorrow when i get home.

Another thing i would like to add is before i formated my hd last time: If i had played call of duty 2 and then started playing cs:source without restarting windows, after around 30 mins, windows crashed with bsod "irql_not_less_or_equal". But if i hadn't been playing cod2 it wouldn't crash.

That is an 0xA error and they are usually caused by either hardware or drivers attempting an IRQ Level that they shouldn't. Attach the minidump for that crash if you can.

That is an 0xA error and they are usually caused by either hardware or drivers attempting an IRQ Level that they shouldn't. Attach the minidump for that crash if you can.
Damn i have formated since i got these errors. So i don't have these dumps...

I have been to lan the whole weekend and as far as i remember it havn't crashed after that crash i mentioned. That happened friday, just when i came over to my friend. Very strange.
Well, my comp is now running memtestx86+, i will return with some screenshots when it have been running around these 10 passes...

Hmmm, then it could have been anything such as infections, drivers, etc. Thanks for the update.

well i just finds it very strange that it first starts to crash my game like 4 times, then windows crashes.

I have tried something like this before where i played a match in cs:source and i crashed like these 3-4 times. When we then changed map i didn't crash once while we played the whole match. (typically 30-45 min for a match)

so you're saying it could be the gfx drivers? I'm using the most recent geforce driver release where ION is not supported..

gfx: geforce 9750gt
driver: 182whql (non ION support)

i have tried both 185whql and 186beta(ION releases) and they both where running very shitty with my gfx.. when i right click on the nvidia control panel my screen gets black for like 2 seconds, when i click something in that menu same happens... Also when the welcome screen has showed and i just get to see the desktop, it does the same thing. On every boot. I did report it to nvidia, though i havn't tried the newest release yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back