TechSpot

Error BCCode 1000008e

By mrdp
Jan 13, 2010
  1. Hi everyone i've got this error from a few months ago, i think it's some driver but I don't know which one could be, and the strangest thing is when I unplugged the patch chord from the NIC adapter it shuts down without saying anything.
    I've attached some minidumps to please point out which direction to go or which driver I should uninstall.
    I don't think is the NIC driver cause it's already updated.

Attached Files:

2. mrdp

mrdp TS Rookie Topic Starter

Also when I start up my PC in safe mode with networking it doesn't get this error so it's defenitely one driver that is not from the network adapter

3. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,168   +37

All four of your errors are 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware but in some cases they can be caused by drivers.

All four point to the McAfee driver mfehidk.sys (Host Intrusion Protection Link Driver) as the cause of your problems.

This driver is blocking fw.sys from loading which is a driver for SecuRemote Miniport which is part of Secure Remote VPN Service by Check Point Software Technologies.

* Update your McAfee and for what it is worth there are many better alternatives.

4. mrdp

Hello, thanks, that was the trick actually it is not my computer, but the office computer but sometimes I need to make test with this one so, thanks again it is clear right now.

5. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,168   +37

Wow! Almost 4 months have passed; I forgot about this. Seriously, thanks for the update! So we take it things are stable now?

6. mrdp

Yes, sorry about the delay, wokr have been a ***** last 3 month so I haven't had the time to check all the suggestions you made, anyway we're fine now, thanks again :grinthumb

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.