Error - bugcheck was: 0x100000d1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody, I am trying to help a friend troubleshoot some blue screen issues that they are having, hopefully somebody can help me.

Here is some info on their issue.

((Stop message 0x000000D1 Descriptive text: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x100000d1 (0xe1ce8000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xb2aa5125). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini062809-01.dmp.

They get this error when they try to play a game called Battlefield 2142, they can play other games like team Fortress 2 and do not have the issues.

These issues did not start untill they installed a second NVIDIA video card & ran them in SLI mode.

Their OS is Win XP SP3 32 Bit if that matters at all.

I can get any more information if it is needed, any help you guys can provide would really be appreciated.

0xD1 errors are usually caused by faulty drivers. Do get this error or any other BSODs doing anything else or is it it with this game only?

That was what I was thinking, but so far only starting up the BF2142 game has caused this issue.
The issue only started a day after the second video card was added in SLI mode.
The person has the most current NVIDA drivers.

I thought of suggesting that they completely remove the current drivers, run driver cleaner, and maybe a registry cleaner, then reboot & reinstall the most current video drivers.

I am pretty sure they are running two 8800 series cards, both are the same model and have the same amount of RAM.
I know the game runs fine on my system, and I have my cards SLI'd, although since I have an EVGA 295 GTX they are internally SLI'd, so the SLI should not be the issue, it is just odd it occured right after they put in the second card.

They tried using the NVIDIA control panel to revert back to a single core GPU setup, but that did not solve the issue either.

I may get them to do what I said above, and also un-install/re-install the game that they are having issues with.
I have considered suggesting they revert back to some older drivers for their cards, because I heard some of the 8 series cards are having trouble with NVIDA's latest drivers.

Just wanted to see if anybody had any better suggestions.

Thanks for the response Route44.

If that all fails though I am at a loss.

Forgot to mention something that was said about the error.

Usual cause: An attempt was made to touch pageable memory at a process internal request level (IRQL) that was too high. This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses. Kernel-mode drivers are forbidden to access pageable memory at a high IRQL.

Any idea how adding another video card and SLI'n them could cause that?

So nobody has anything else to add, maybe a suggestion as to how I can find exactly what driver is causing the error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back