TechSpot

Error: Can't Load OpenGL SubSystem (RtCW)

By bobo
Mar 12, 2002
  1. Could Not Load Opengl Subsystem

just brought the game, return to castle wolfenstein,
    i have installed it but when i try to run it.
    ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD OPENGL SUBSYSTEM.
    i have also tried looking for the file in win.ini
    i am running windows xp, my graphics card is a savage4 and i have the rest of the minimum requirements.
    i have tried everything i know but still cant play please please please anyone can u help me?

THNX:confused:

2. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas TS Rookie Posts: 1,327

Check to see if there are any newer drivers available for that graphics card.
    Other than that you'd have to try running in software rendering with the r_allowSoftwareGL "1" command in your config file.
    Probably be far better off getting a new graphics card though.

3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Another thing you might look into is making sure that you have an up to date DirectX.

4. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas TS Rookie Posts: 1,327

That'd only afect the sound, but thats not the problem.

5. Demiurg

Demiurg TS Rookie Posts: 86

6. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

Try going to glsetup.com and download the latest glsetup, and download OpenGL 2.0. It could be that you don't have OpenGL installed :p. But, also try Demiurg's link.

Is your video card on PCI or AGP?

7. sexylexy18

sexylexy18 TS Rookie

I need help too!

I am SO lost! :( . I have the same problem with Wolfenstein enemy territories. I was wondering if someone could tell me exactly what to do about this OpenGL subsystem thing!? I am so clueless :dead: ??? I have Matrox G-100 display adapter so if you can provide me with the link of the site where I can download this stupid Open GL thing that'd be great. Thanks! :cool:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.