TechSpot

Error caused by a device driver

By ohigirl67
Oct 6, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am periodically getting the blue screen of death. I know I need to fix my problem but can't figure it out. When I restart my computer and windows takes me to the problem description, I am told:

A device driver installed on your computer caused the problem; however, we cannot determine the precise cause.

I have checked and can't tell what it's for. It actually happened about a year ago and I ignored it. I know bad. After I infected my computer last month..got it cleaned up..it happens probably once every week or every other week.

The codes I am given are:

BCcode:1000008e BCP1:C0000005 BCP2: 804e59ec BPC3: eee69ccc BPC4: 00000000 OSVER: 5_1_2600 SP: 2_0 Product: 768_1

I had a dump file but I didn't write those down. I didn't what they were until I read another post.

Can anyone help? PLEASE!!

Thanks,

Ohigirl67
  2. N3051M

N3051M TS Rookie Posts: 2,800

Device driver.. so, have you tried updating all your drivers to the latest ones?
  3. ohigirl67

ohigirl67 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks. Now I feel a little stupid (not caused by you...so don't feel bad). I should have thought of that when I followed Microsoft's instructions. I have gone through all my drivers, right clicked and hit update drivers. I had at least 3 to 4 drivers update...my Dot4Usp HPH11 (photosmart 7150) -- my printer and several of my intel 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controllers.

I'm am crossing my fingers and toes :) that this works.

Thank you N3051M.

Ohigirl67
  4. N3051M

N3051M TS Rookie Posts: 2,800

No worries :)
    Hope its solved.
    N30
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.