Error ID 1003 & 7023 (Win XP SP3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys - I'll get straight to the point here.

Problem : - System Hangs, it totally freezes. I have only got 2 BSOD's during the millions of crashes I've had and both bore different results. I wasn't able to note down the exact technical information but one of them had something to do with the IRQ being less or not equal. The second screen mentioned something related to updating the motherboards BIOS and detecting a hardware fault.

My opinion : - As far as I know, all drivers are up to date on my system and I'm quite convinced that it may be a hardware peripheral that is faulty. The reason for me being convinced of a hardware fault is that the system freezes even before any part of Windows is loaded.

My question: - How do I determine what part of my PC is faulty? (I have already stress tested the RAM and both DIMMs seem to be working just fine)

Thanks in advance,
Nikko.

P.S attaching the sysdata,mini dmp and manifest in a ZIP file (I have an anti-virus running in the background so hopefully there aren't any viruses in the attached zip).

Attachments

• WER56d8.dir00.zip
    18.8 KB · Views: 0
Problem Solved - It was a hardware issue. After testing all peripherals and narrowing down which items could be damaged, it turned out to be a problem with the motherboard which had to be replaced.

Problem Solved - It was a hardware issue. After testing all peripherals and narrowing down which items could be damaged, it turned out to be a problem with the motherboard which had to be replaced.

Thanks for getting back with us and good diagnostic work on your part. I am sorry I didn't see your post otherwise I would have at least read the minidumps for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back