Error in System Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilloz

Ever since I installed a Linksys BEFSX41 router/firewall unit, I've notice an error in the System Event Viewer with this information:

The IP address lease 192.168.2.100 for the Network Card with network address 00184DE9390C has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.2.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

What needs to be done to get rid of this error? Thanks

Did you assign the address using Static IP for 192.168.2.200?

What range did you set in the router for IP address? Make sure your using

DHCP
All NIC is set to auto for speed
All NIC is set to auto to obtain the IP (DHCP) from the Router.

Now in the ROUTER are you using any sort of IP filtering:

by IP address
or by MAC address?
Are there any restrictions for this PC in the router?

Thanks tipstir for your reply. I have no idea how to answer your questions. The Linksys tech support talked me through the configuration to get my router to function with my modem (Westell 6100). Where do I go to find this data so I can pass it on? Also, my Services has DHCP starting Automatically, if that helps. Every entry in the System Event Viewer for DHCP has a Red Error symbol. Tell me how to access this data and I will comply. Thanks again.

Well you need to learn how to manage your router, otherwise that error will still show up. Do you have online manual either it's a PDF or HTML on the CD?

F.Y.I. Well, my problem has been solved and I wanted to post some feedback here for whom ever is interested. The Linksys tech support made me change the IP address of the router to 10.10.10.1 as oppose to 192.168.2.1 His reasoning was that the original IP address was too close to my modem IP address of 192.168.1.1 and causing some kind of cross mis reads or something like that. The 10.10.10.1 is a sub for the other one. Thought you guys want to know. Thanks tipstir for your replies.

Talk about irony! i have a linksys router ( model BEFSR41) and i have an error message exactly like yours, did your computer not let you get online with any of your programs? i ask because that is what mine is doing.

No. Mine was working fine. What made me go to the Event Viewer was the fact that in 5 days since I installed my router, I've had two BSOD screens which was unusal considering I haven't had any BSOD for quite some time. So when I went to check what the error was, I found the DHCP errors. I also noticed that these errors only came out everytime I switched ON my computer. Not restarts, but actual Turn-Ons. My BSOD were some other non-related causes, but it did leave me wondering.
The process involved typing release and renew of my ipconfig in the command prompt. Then getting Online using the router's ip address to change it to the present 10.10.10.1. I have turned OFF my computer a couple of times with about 10 minutes intervals and I get no error messages anymore. I hope some of this helped, guitarman080989.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back