Inactive Error message at start up and when opening programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the past couple of weeks I have been getting this error message (see attachment) every time I turn on my computer, try to run a program, shut it down and sometimes just randomly. Sometimes I have to click the OK button for a few minutes quickly before it will go away. When I start my computer up the computer screen goes black after the Windows 7 startup and won't go to main screen for a while until I have clicked it many times. I have no maliware, viruses, I have disk defraged the computer and tried deleting/reinstalling The Sims which came up on my CPU when I looked up.dll. Any ideas would be very grateful!

Attachments

• error.doc
    50.5 KB · Views: 5
I'm having your thread moved to a more appropriate forum. Please also know that a .doc file is not safe for us to open.

Iebho.dll (IEQuickFill Module) issues could be caused by spyware or virus infections.

Do you have any AV running on this system?

Please read these instructions, then download malwarebytes, install/run it, then attach its log with y our next post hopefully Bobbye can help us with that.

Lastly, have you installed all windows updates?

xoxlishxox, Someone has been kind enough to check the error you left. It appears that your problem is malware related.

We're going back to the Virus and Malware Forum. Please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

NOTE: If you already have any of the scanning programs on the computer, please remove them and download the versions in these links.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.

Either Broni or I will pick it up and review the logs from the scans.

Please note> all logs much be pasted into the reply. We will not review attached logs.[/b']

Thank you LookinAround. I appreciate your help.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51.1.1800
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 7393

Windows 6.1.7600
Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385

06/08/2011 12:44:56 PM
mbam-log-2011-08-06 (12-44-56).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 181876
Time elapsed: 4 minute(s), 41 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Please complete the rest of the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

NOTE: If you already have any of the scanning programs on the computer, please remove them and download the versions in these links.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.
=============================================
My Guidelines: please read and follow:
  • Be patient. Malware cleaning takes time and I am also working with other members while I am helping you.
  • Read my instructions carefully. If you don't understand or have a problem, ask me.
  • If you have questions, or if a program doesn't work, stop and tell me about it. Don't try to get around it yourself.
  • Follow the order of the tasks I give you. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
  • File sharing programs should be uninstalled or disabled during the cleaning process..
  • Observe these:
    [o] Don't use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you.
    [o] Don't use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.
    [o] Don't download and install new programs- except those I give you.
  • Please let me know if there is any change in the system.
If I have not replied for 2 days, you can send me a PM reminder. Include the URL of your thread. Please do not send me a PM to tell me your logs are up.
If I don't get a reply from you in 5 days, the thread will be closed. If your problem persist, you can send a PM to reopen it.
=====================================

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back