Error message "no direct3d compatible device found"

I was trying to play Neverwinter Nights 2 on my laptop. The install went fine, but when i tried to play the game i gave me the error message "no direct3d compatible device found". I updated direct X and the driver for the video adapter. My best guess is that i need to get a better graphics card to get it to work. I looked around a little, and from what i hear the best choice for this laptop is to get a Nvidia geforce go 7400. the problem with that however, is that i have yet to find anybody who actually has one. I checked newegg, amazon, ebay, and of course with Nvidia themselves, but the only one i've found is already installed in a laptop.
Specs:
My computer is a dell xps 1210 running windows 7 pro. The processor is a Intel core 2 duo T5600 1.83GHz. The video is onboard (Mobile Intel 945 Express Chip Set Family). It has 2 GB of RAM. Let me know if there is any other information about my specs you need to help me with this. Any help or advice you can offer would be appreciated.

Double check your laptop manual but when I checked it, I saw no way to add or change the graphics. You will have to live with what you have.

Back