Error message when I log in to Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modena

Hello everybody, I've been having this problem where everytime I log into windows xp(sp3) I get this RUNDLL error message I hit ok and everything runs fine. But I just want it gone it says C:\windows\system32\hjgkibkc.dll error loading specified file could not be found, this happened after AVG deleted it as an infection/virus. So any help or info apreciated and im sorry if this is stickied somewhere I looked and didnt see anything. :confused:

hmm

check your startup menu for items that are listed but not installed. It may be trying the autorun something that isnt installed anymore.

i had this problem and it was just doing my head in... sure it is a virus that creats random dll files and places them in the windows files.... all i done to avoid this was create a .dll file with that name and leave it empty... i then finds the .dll and does nothing as the .dll file doesnt do anything.. so that avoids the message.! but to go the other way around it i do not know... its no big deal this as it doesnt effect the PC in anyway.

hey thx for the responses tried the registry repair that did nothing, so now im gonna try what you said Dicee. Like you said doesnt effect the pc its just an annoyance left from some virus.

No this is not the best method
It can effect Windows by causing a slower startup, and it's basically a work-around.

I prefer you just remove the startup entry
Did Startup Control Panel show this entry to disable?
If not, you can run Autoruns, then search for "hjgkibkc.dll" startup entry and remove it.

This will help Windows load quicker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back