TechSpot

Error message when leaving PC on at night

By 5aq1b
Oct 18, 2009
  1. I have recently installed Windows 7. It's a new install therefore has zero 'junk' installed if thats what you wish to call it. I usually leave my PC switched on at night to download links using Internet Download Manager. What's been happening since i installed Windows 7 is that half of the links will download and the rest will have stalled.

When i get up in the morning, I try to open Firefox and it says:

" insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service"

I try to shut down and that doesn't happen either so I have to perform a forced reboot.

Any idea why this would be happening?

2. gbhall

gbhall TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,425   +77

To the best of my knoweldge, firefox is not yet past the beta stage with Windows 7. You seem to be suffering a memory leak with it. You might do better to stay with IE8 if you can stand it for a while !!

3. 5aq1b

5aq1b TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 63

But the problem is the fact that the downloads seem to stall halfway through, my PC runs like crap (even though its a brand new install) and When trying to open Firefox i get the error message and also the PC doesn't shut down properly.

4. gbhall

gbhall TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,425   +77

Use MS update to search for updated drivers for everything. For the motherboard drivers, if there is no updated set for Win 7 yet, install Vista ones.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.