TechSpot

Error message when windows boots

By Reckoning
Oct 22, 2008
  1. My buddy gets this error message when his windows boots.
    Also when you plays World Of Warcraft for a bit his screen will glitch out and turn to numbers then his whole desktop is messed. The 2 related? He has reinstalled the game multiple times so my guess is either windows or vid card. What do the pro's think!?

Attached Files:

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

3. Reckoning

Reckoning TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 96

thanks

4. kimsland

That's ok :)

But how did it all go?
    What was the fix?
    Is all ok now?

5. kimsland

Thanks for the update :grinthumb

6. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 872   +12

The error seems to be due to malware. I'd download and install Spybot Search & Destroy at least and see what else is on your friends machine.

7. kimsland

Cinders I have seen you post the same message before asking users to try Spybots S&D.

But Techspot security members got together (over many weeks, and many post replies) and came up with this:

Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

Which does not include Spybots S&D, as it was found not to be as good as the programs listed in that proceedure.

If you feel that Spybots S&D should now be added, you may need to contact Julio to state why.

8. Reckoning

Reckoning TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 96

He actually just stole his dads comp so I can't say if that woulda fixed the issue, but I'm assuming it would have. Thanks

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.