TechSpot

1. TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Error message when windows boots

By Reckoning
Oct 22, 2008
  1. My buddy gets this error message when his windows boots.
    Also when you plays World Of Warcraft for a bit his screen will glitch out and turn to numbers then his whole desktop is messed. The 2 related? He has reinstalled the game multiple times so my guess is either windows or vid card. What do the pro's think!?

Attached Files:

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

3. Reckoning

Reckoning TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 96

thanks

4. kimsland

That's ok :)

But how did it all go?
    What was the fix?
    Is all ok now?

5. kimsland

Thanks for the update :grinthumb

6. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 872   +12

The error seems to be due to malware. I'd download and install Spybot Search & Destroy at least and see what else is on your friends machine.

7. kimsland

Cinders I have seen you post the same message before asking users to try Spybots S&D.

But Techspot security members got together (over many weeks, and many post replies) and came up with this:

Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

Which does not include Spybots S&D, as it was found not to be as good as the programs listed in that proceedure.

If you feel that Spybots S&D should now be added, you may need to contact Julio to state why.

8. Reckoning

Reckoning TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 96

He actually just stole his dads comp so I can't say if that woulda fixed the issue, but I'm assuming it would have. Thanks

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.