Not open for further replies.

tbrunt3

System specs

Asus A7N8X-E deluxe Motherboard

Cpu XP 2500 barton OC to a 2800 Xp 2.14 MHZ

Ram Kingston PC3700 1 GIG

OS Windows xp PRO SP1

Video card Gforce FX 5800 Ultra

I am having a problem I not having a very good time figuring out my computer reboots the power supply is fine it keep it at 12.61v at full load the temps are 50 Degrees Celcius ,But the problem is I keep getting these dump files could someone please take a look at them and let me know thanks

First I would suggest that you clock everything back to the standard setting, and see if that helps.

If not, then download and run Memtest 86+ from www.memtest.org.

Let it run for at least seven passes.

Also right click my computer, then properties, then the advanced tab. Under startup and recovery click settings, and uncheck the box that says automatically restart.Click ok, then apply and ok, and reboot your system.

Now instead of your system rebooting when there`s an error. You should receive an error message telling you what caused the crash. Pay particular attention to any drivers identified in the stop message.

Regards Howard :)

Thanks for your reply The memory test was ok That is actually the first thing I ran forgot to say so .. Seems I got the problem fixed with a reinstall of motherboard drivers And removal of heatsink and fan and did some cleaning and applied a fresh coat of antec silver .. All seems fine now.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back