Error please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( Ok here's the situation, my wife was on the computer and rebooted the computer, but when she rebooted i am getting an error message saying autochk program not found - skipping autocheck and than it goes to a dark blue screen with the following message

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Session Manager Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a
status of 0xc000003a (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The systen has been shut down.

That is it doesn't reboot or anything. I tried to run the repair from windows cd and ran chkdsk /r and it said it found an error and repaired but still nothing. Does anyone know what this could possibly be and a resolution for it? I know it's Sunday and football is on but your help would be greatly appreciated.

First, see if you can boot into Safe Mode and run chkdsk in your Run Box in the start menu.

Second these errors are caused either by your system administration settings being changed or by malware infestation which can cause administration and other settings to be changed.

If you can boot into Safe Mode scan for viruses, etc.

I cannot log in any way not in safe mode not in any mode keeps going to the error message. From windows recovery console i have run chkdsk /r and it says it found 1 error and repaired but still same thing. I even have a copy of windows vista upgrade that i got for my laptop and tried to run it but it wont run, yet my recovery cd works.

There will probably be others that will come along with more knowledge than me, but one way to access your harddrive is to Slave it in another system and attempt to access. Then run virus scans and harddrive diagnostics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back