Error Signature

By WildDog
Aug 26, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Looking for help.

My computer recently started freezing up at random times, i.e., the screen still displays where I was last but the mouse and keyboard stop working. Ctrl-Alt-Delete does not work. I have to manually turn the computer off and then on again. If, I'm lucky, everything boots up again and I am able to work any program for anywhere from a few minute to several hours before it freezes again. Most of the time when I restart I get an Error Signature "The system has recovered from a serious error." Then it lists the following:
    BCCode:100000ea
    BCP1:844568E8
    BCP2:84F08420
    BCP3:1914CB4
    BCP4:00000001
    OSVer:5_1_2600
    SP:2_0
    Product:768_1
    Then it refers to two files:
    C:\DOCUME~1\DAVIDW~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7f67.dir00\Mini082508-02.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\DAVIDW~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7f67.dir00\sysdata.xml

What's going on and can I fix it? Thanks.
    David
  2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,113   +23

Your error is 0x0EA: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER and is defined by auhma.org as a device driver problem causing the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

Try updating your video card driver.
  3. WildDog

WildDog Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thank you. I'll give it a try tonight and let you know.
  4. WildDog

Well, when I turned the computer on last night the monitor displayed blotchty colors all over the screen which I couldn't see through well enough to download a new driver, or do much of anything else for that matter. Guess I probably need a new video card.
  5. WildDog

Looks like it was my video card. The fan on the card was't working to it must have gotten to hot. I installed a new card and everything seems to be working now. Thanks for the help.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.