Error uninstalling Need for Speed World

Status
Not open for further replies.

cschrille

Hey, today when i tried to uninstall Need for speed world i got an error message saying Regsvr32 could not read/find module (I've got swedish os sorta hard to translate) so i tried opening the dll and got the same message. Ive tried pretty much every .dll i have found in my computer and none of them work.Aero is disabled too so pretty much all system files i guess?
Please help me out on this one I just did a clean install of Win7 as my Vista was not working.

Thx in advance

EDIT
When i open system32 dll's i get this error.
The start address for DllRegisterServer was not found.
After using google it might just be DllRegisterServer entry point was not found, as i stated earlier i have swedish os

It is all .dll files in the pc i've tried opening system32's dll files and it says that the module was read/written but the start address for DllRegisterServer was not found.

Try this: click start > run > type regsvr32 /i > ok. (Note there is a space between the number 2 and the forward slash). Reboot the computer. You will probably get the error no dll was specified. I personally do not know of a single step method for registering all dll files at once. Perhaps someone with more knowledge than I can provide additional info.

Err i did do that regsvr32 /i but i got the same error message but i rebooted my pc after and nope, didn't work :/ Thanks though
Btw what does that do?

It may seem a trivial question, but did you try a system restore to a time before you did the uninstall, or even earlier, in case that was coincidental?

Err i did do that regsvr32 /i but i got the same error message but i rebooted my pc after and nope, didn't work :/ Thanks though
Btw what does that do?

It simply registers the specified dll file but none was specified. I was more interested in the error you received as opposed to actually registering the files. I am in agreement with the answer above. System Restore.

What type of infection can do this? Rootkit? Anyhow i will do a full scan with Nod32 spybot spyware doctor superantispyware pro (already had superantispyware ;) ), iobit security 360 and malwarebytes when i go to bed at 4-5 am it is now 11.08 pm here ^^

Thx for all the help and i hope this might solve it I will report back tomorrow!

Also should i disable system restore and scan in safe mode?

Never disable system restore until you are absolutely certain all issues have been resolved. This applies to any issue you have including an infection. The logic is it is better to be able to return to an infected but workable state than not to be able to return at all. Safe mode scans should only be performed when you are unable to execute files in normal mode. Of course, there are a number of work arounds like rkill which terminate the malware process allowing for the execution of scanner(s).

Ok so i scanned my whole pc with lots of tools and found a bunch of viruses, all of them are removed. But the problem is still there :(
Again this is what happens when i open a system32 dll. Dllregisterserver entry point was not found. Please i really need help with this, does anyone have any idea how to get this fixed?

Thx for all the help so far!

I'd still suggest you're best to first follow the 8 step malware removal process suggested in prior post (along with the link to instructions) and then post a new thread in Malware forum for assitance

1. You want the experts to first declare you "malware free"
2. They may also be able to provide more specific recovery instructions based on your log files

If they say you're malware free and can't help further, they'll refer you back to the Windows OS forums and you can post back here follow up

.. at which point, i'd advise using your Windows install CD (or do you have a recovery partition) to do a "repair install" but still best to get malware expert "signoff" first

I'd still suggest you're best to first follow the 8 step malware removal process suggested in prior post (along with the link to instructions) and then post a new thread in Malware forum for assitance
Agreed.

i'd advise using your Windows install CD (or do you have a recovery partition) to do a "repair install" but still best to get malware expert "signoff" first

Err whats a recovery partition? I had vista earlier but my ati drivers stopped working so i made a partition and installed win7 on it, how do i make a recovery partition?
I just wanna know but ill be posting on that malware part of the forum first tho.

If you have a storebought computer, you probably have a recovery partition, eitherway, it really does the same thing.

I had vista earlier but my ati drivers stopped working so i made a partition and installed win7 on it
So I assume the current problem is with Win7, yes? Use your Win7 install CD to try doing Windows "repair install" (Windows will try rebuilding all Windows programs WITHOUT affecting your personal files and folders) See here

While a repair install is pretty safe to attempt, it's still prudent to backup your stuff first for 100% assurance (and relief!)

How would i back my files up? Im kinda out of space :S

EDIT

Could i make a new partition and make it repair from there so no files will be lost`?

Could i make a new partition and make it repair from there so no files will be lost`?
No.
No files are supposed to be lost, but just in case a backup may be a good idea.
How would you make a new partition if you're out of space?

The point is, i cant do a backup of my files as i have like 200gb left and 800gb used.
How big is the risk of loosing it all and why would it be lost? It only changes base system files right?

The point is, i cant do a backup of my files as i have like 200gb left and 800gb used.
How big is the risk of loosing it all and why would it be lost? It only changes base system files right?
IMHO: The risk is small but i'd add 2 more IMHO's

1) The only thing 100% for sure about computers is there "ain't nuthin" 100% for sure about computers

2) It's your choice, but it is really prudent and a very wise investment to buy a backup drive (how much is your personal files/folders worth to you? Forget about issues with repair installs - but realize hard drives can fail or software problems or malware can suddenly and unexpectedly strike at any time)

Also, as far as a backup drive, i would suggest an external USB but IMHO get one that comes with it's own AC adapter (vs. relying on "portable" drives for your critical backups which must rely on USB ports for their power)

Also, remember important data should be saved in two different places on two physically separate media (i.e. not two partitions on the same drive). Since any one media can fail (even your backup drive!) so you need to assure one good copy at any time

is just my 1 1/2 cents worth :)

again, i think losing data from a repair install is not likely but is wise to have a backup regardless :approve:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back