Error when booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there peeps,

I have a problem and wonder if someone would help me out !
I did'nt know where to put this so thought id put it here.

I boot my PC up and it says Error Boot disk Failure or Boot from disc now then its fine i can sort that problem (so i thought) i installed windows and it ran ok restarted it everything was fine but i booted up a day after and its now saying the same thing i have tried re-installing it and repairing it but no success
now i wondrered should i take out my PCI cards then install windows then add them as most of em are plug and play hmmmm??

Hope you can help, all help much appreciated !! :cool:

Brand, model, and age of computer. Brand, model, and age of hard drive.
No, we don't support removing your PCI cards before installing Windows... but it is important to have the drivers for them handy if you have to reinstall anything.
A boot disk failure or any kind of a boot request from Windows can be a sign of a corrupted hard drive that can be patched. But it can also mean that the drive is about to fail, if it is older than two years, or if it is a Maxtor, Hitachi, or Tri-Gem.
You may be able to rescue any important data and file if the drive is failing, by putting the drive in an external enclosure on a USB cable, then dragging out the important files and directories to a safe place.

Hi,

Its a Shuttle motherboard about 3-5 yrs old and the HDD's i have are Western Digital. My computer is set up to have 1 Master and 1 slave drive. Hope it helps. oh and the Hard drives are IDE

Muddlemuss

First thing I would do would be to test it with a new or different hard drive... boot to and install it without the other drives connected, to see if that changes the weird performance... that may rule out the motherboard while saving any valuable data. If the behavior is the same, you know something, as well.

Hi, Thanks Very much for the help, will try it sometime this week i have a load of spare Hardrives so i will try it with another etc will let you know how i get on !

Thanks Again

Muddlemuss

Thankyou !!

i i now have it booting from a different HDD and it works great it looks like it was just a corrupted HDD, Thanks for the help much appreciated :grinthumb

Muddlemuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back