Errors with the Computer - Many BSODs of various types

By prexus
May 6, 2006
  1. Hello,
    This is here because I think the error might have to do with a driver, but I'm really not sure, so I'm posting it anyway.
    AMD 64 3200+
    MSI K8N Neo Platinum
    1xCrucial Ballistix 512MB
    BBATI 9800 Pro w/ Arctic Silencer
    Two HDDs
    LG DVD Burner
    OCZ 420W PSU
    (All running stock timings/clock speeds).
    This computer has a long history, with a screwed up Windows XP Home w/ SP1 installation, and the current one, a Win XP Home w/ SP2 both on the same drive.
    I am getting many errors. Some of them come when I try to run any 3D application (video games...). Some of them just come at random times. They vary from a PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, to Stop: 0x8E, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and a few others.
    I have attached some minidumps from the last few days, and have more if needed.
    I am currently running Catalyst 6.4, with updated AMD drivers, as well as updated chipset drivers, BIOS drivers, etc.
    Any idea where the issues might come from? I was thinking about the video card, which is why I'll probably buy a $40 FX5200 soon just to do some testing, in case the problem isn't solved soon.
    Any help is very appraciated.
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Some of your minidumps crash with memory corruption.

I suspect you may have a ram problem.

Go HERE and follow the instructions for testing your ram/hdd/page file etc.

Regards Howard :)
  3. prexus

prexus TS Rookie Topic Starter

Well, I ran memtest for 6 hours with this ram module, and go no errors, so I'm not sure it's the RAM. I might get a differernt 512MB module just to test. Any other things that might be related?

4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Please be aware that some faulty ram can pass Memtest. You should also check that your psu is putting out enough power for your system. A faulty or underpowered psu would give you the same kind of errors in your minidumps.

Check out this PSU Wattage calculator.

Regards Howard :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.