Errors with the Computer - Many BSODs of various types

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
This is here because I think the error might have to do with a driver, but I'm really not sure, so I'm posting it anyway.
Specs:
AMD 64 3200+
MSI K8N Neo Platinum
1xCrucial Ballistix 512MB
BBATI 9800 Pro w/ Arctic Silencer
Two HDDs
LG DVD Burner
OCZ 420W PSU
(All running stock timings/clock speeds).
This computer has a long history, with a screwed up Windows XP Home w/ SP1 installation, and the current one, a Win XP Home w/ SP2 both on the same drive.
I am getting many errors. Some of them come when I try to run any 3D application (video games...). Some of them just come at random times. They vary from a PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, to Stop: 0x8E, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and a few others.
I have attached some minidumps from the last few days, and have more if needed.
I am currently running Catalyst 6.4, with updated AMD drivers, as well as updated chipset drivers, BIOS drivers, etc.
Any idea where the issues might come from? I was thinking about the video card, which is why I'll probably buy a $40 FX5200 soon just to do some testing, in case the problem isn't solved soon.
Any help is very appraciated.
Thanks,
prexus

Some of your minidumps crash with memory corruption.

I suspect you may have a ram problem.

Go HERE and follow the instructions for testing your ram/hdd/page file etc.

Regards Howard :)

Well, I ran memtest for 6 hours with this ram module, and go no errors, so I'm not sure it's the RAM. I might get a differernt 512MB module just to test. Any other things that might be related?

Thanks,
Prexus

Please be aware that some faulty ram can pass Memtest. You should also check that your psu is putting out enough power for your system. A faulty or underpowered psu would give you the same kind of errors in your minidumps.

Check out this PSU Wattage calculator.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back