TechSpot

Et1831-05 can I upgrade my processor to dual core

By jazzbc
Feb 20, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. i have an emachine et1831-05 and i only have a single core celeron at 2.2 ghz. can i upgrade to a dual core. the mother board supports lg775.

2. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,313   +12

It depends on the chipset used in the motherboard, power requirements of the new cpu and the old motherboard's ability to provide that power, and if the BIOS has any limitations added by the manufacture that may supersede the chipset design.

3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,090   +1,519

I'm gonna have to say no to be on the safe side. However I don't know without finding evidence on-line where a dual-core would work. A quick search only showed the CPU that came in the system. I would be willing to bet the Pentium D 900 series would work but I'm not sure about the Core2 Duo's.

4. dmill89

dmill89 TS Guru Posts: 737

According to some of the reviews I saw it has an Nvidia 7050 chipset so in theory it can support most of the Core2 and pentium dual core processors, however that depends on if the Emachines BIOS will support them.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.