Event ID: 10009 DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer <computer name>

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidOrcus

I have someone who is experiencing random connection problems on the clients such as slow or no connections to mapped network shares. Event id 10009 keeps being recorded in the domain controller logs.

DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer MARK-PC.pmc.local using any of the configured protocols.

It has a range of different computer names within the same events. As far as DCOM is configured it's only setup to use TCP-IP.

Server - Windows Server 2008 Standard FE
System type: 64-bit Operating System

Clients:
24 XP Pro
2 Vista Pro
2 Vista Home (should they be using home in an environment like this?)

I have attached the last 256 logs from Application & System as of yesterday evening at around 5pm'ish. I've checked again this morning and looks like the same error has already been re-occurring.

Can anyone give me any suggestion as to where to go with this?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Server Event Logs.zip
    35 KB · Views: 1
Extra Info

Sorry I forgot to also mention that the server is acting as a DHCP server and that there router has had DHCP disabled. Client PC'S are set to local static IP'S and are not actually set to obtain if this has any variance.

Thanks, David

Resolved

There seemed to be two causes of this error.

a. Dead clients in the DHCP list. i.e. computers now no longer on site.
b. They had a number of switches daisy chained off each for a large number of different areas so these computers weren't always responding back to the SRV having consolidated these to 24 port GB switches everything seems much better.

In my case the message comes for a short duration(4-5 days contineously) and than stops for next 3 months or so and returns back.

I had tried all the above solutions but to no avail

pl help anybody!!!!

thanks in advans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back